New baby in house

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so this is one of my salt aquariums... the animal is a E. Quadricolor Anemone (Rose Bubble Tip Anemone)

The shrimp babysits, the parent animal cloned last night and this is the offspring (they physically split)
DSCN3499.JPG
Parent:

The clown is hosted by the parent (had them both about 5 years now)

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/SaltTank/photo#5127297670109089362">
DSCN3500.JPG

Couple of the fish...

Ugg is just that fricken ugly but stirs the most emotion of any fish I have.. Looks like a 4 year old took a box of animals and made a fish.. (PJ Cardinal)

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/SaltTank/photo#5127297708763795090">
DSCN3506.JPG

Tigger is a Flame Angel (Hawaiian SP) Hard to photograph, moves fast and my camera is cheap

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/SaltTank/photo#5127297734533598930">
DSCN3517.JPG
[/URL]

Very cool! I had a saltwater tank when i lived in Okinawa. Props to you for keeping it alive that long! Very hard to keep up in my opinion!
thumb_up.gif
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks... it is a passion like bikes (and just as costly cough-cough)

I broke down my coral only tank and that is what paid for the Busa back in March...

I was also propagating these Anemone and selling to other reef keepers but it was getting in the way of my riding time.. I will likely start that business up again with better equipment (read: less maintainance) as I get about $59 a pop for the RBTA's

Just find a lot of satisfaction when the kids line up to see "Nemo" in my tank
beerchug.gif

Yea they are bright in person... the blue is nothing short of electric.. Common name is a "Flame Angel" Reason I like marine tanks is the colors of the fish..

This is a mandarin fish... also one of my favorites.. they eat only small crustacons called "copepods" I have had a mated pair for about 4 years and they are easily the coolest, most laid back fish you ever saw..
mandarin_fish_a.jpg

Fish rock.

I use to have an Oscar we would feed fish, mice and small misbehaved children.

Now I have bearded dragons and iguana's.

beerchug.gif

I had an oscar, had kids myself and one or the other had to go...they both eat you out of house and home
lol1.gif

Very cool
beerchug.gif
...I have a 120 gal reef tank too...it is pricey and seems to only be getting worse... Link if you're interested in pics

I've had a set of clowns (Nemo and Marlin) that were close to mating, had a large pulsating xenia that they called home. The xenia suddenly started dying off for no apparent reason and within weeks, little Nemo (the female) started acting odd...she pretty much stopped eating, wouldn't leave that region of the tank where her xenia lived, pretty much gone psycho...fast forward to last week and I see my tangs, triggerfish, and Marlin are tearing her apart...I floated her in a bag and only when I put that bag near "her spot" in the tank did she calm down. It's been a week later, she's in solitude in a small tank, no tail, no dorsal fin, even missing one side fin now but she's doing well...she's eating and seems to be bouncing back.

It's been one drama in the tank after another! LOL Yep, fun...sorry about the rambling, but not many I know have salt water fish so none appreciate when tragedy strikes your hobby LOL

Xenia crash is just a fact of reef tanks, stuff grows like a weed and then bam....gone (water quality is suspect I guess) My Flame Angel thinks Xenia is candy... so none in my current tank.

The trigger can be a real monster in a reef tank, how is yours doing so far? (Guess SPS is out of the question for you)

Glad your clown is coming back, never had one traumatized over a soft coral dying however... perhaps if you are ever ready, I can wrangle up a RBTA for you...

http://mytankpics.com has a good amount of photos

Yeah, the research I've done shows that xenia just crashes for what appears to be no reason, so I'll go with that...water is good as far as I can tell/test...

The trigger is doing well, but did develop a taste for escargot
laugh.gif
No issues with anything else in the tank with the trigger, yet...I just keep him well fed.

And yeah, SPS is out of the question
smile.gif

What's RBTA?

And great shots! Thanks for sharing...

Reefing and bike riding..... aww what a combo!!! sort of hard to explain the tanks to some people but after you have made one work, it is rather gratifying
smile.gif

That's why I suffer through both hobbies despite not being able to really afford 'em
laugh.gif
Yeah, it's the gratification...
smile.gif

Back