finaly got  them together

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
and cleaned up enough to take some pictures ,plan iss one gets dropped and streched , other gets daily driver just out of curiosity what is an 05 le worth with 33000 miles ? not that i wat to sell it but if i get the mod fever on the 08 might need to dump the 05 , that is if there is any aftermarket parts !

P8060155.JPG

yeah i realise they are about the same bike , didnt realise how close till they were side by side and clean

P8060156.JPG

Just my opinion , suzuki did a great job on redesighning the busa .yeah i know the tail thing , but power braking handling comfort are all greatly improved , i have ridden the 05 33000 miles all have been great , i have almost 300 miles on the 08 and can already tell major differences , the greatest improvement is the fuel delivery system , the throttle is seamless with no rough spots , un like my 05 when i was riding it home from the dealer asking myself what have i done , it needed the power comander and a map to smooth things out , second is the acceleration , it is truly mind blowing , and third the shifting , shifting the o8 has more of an electronic feel to it , i know its still linkage but this is an area suzuki has improved alot , riding the 05 home between the clunky shifter and rough throttle i was a bit dissapointed with the purchase .

nice , we just saw one this fri. same color as yours at local dealer !
Like some things they did but just can't get past or into the " BUG " face the rear end looks like
I'm sure like your 05, do some mods , it could look better.
We need to wait till they come out with white ones

Like all aspects of that bike except the tail end. Maybe it will grow on me like the hump on the 1st Gens, but right now its tough. They do look good together!
ThumbsUp.gif
rock.gif

Like all aspects of that bike except the tail end.  Maybe it will grow on me like the hump on the 1st Gens, but right now its tough.  They do look good together!
ThumbsUp.gif
rock.gif
I am not too fond of the tail , but I do have high hopes that someone will come up with a decent turn signal eliminator kit . The bulbous sections that house the turn signals will un bolt from the tail section , so like i said High hopes !

Those were great pics! I really don't care for the back of the 08's, but it does look better witha bigger tire! I saw one in Maxton, doing some speed trial running a feew weeks back.

Like all aspects of that bike except the tail end.  Maybe it will grow on me like the hump on the 1st Gens, but right now its tough.  They do look good together!
ThumbsUp.gif
rock.gif
I am not too fond of the tail , but I do have high hopes that someone will come up with a decent turn signal eliminator kit . The bulbous sections that house the turn signals will un bolt from the tail section , so  like i said  High hopes !
Can we get a pic of them unbolted? Does it leave any visible markings?

I havnt pulled the tail yet , ill try to pull them next weekend , running out of daylight and i have both bikes stuffed in a shed , i have been wanting to just needed a little push
beerchug.gif

the side fairings on the 08 look tighter to the frame...? is the 08 narrower?

the side fairings on the 08 look tighter to the frame...? is the 08 narrower?
im thinkin they are realy close , i would have to measure them up ,I do know that on the 08 there is less effort to tuck my limbs in , but get alot of wind in the shoulder helmet area, then again i am spoiled ,the 05 with tobin and double bubble i dont have to lean over till about 160 mph

also the mirrors i can actualy see all lanes behind me , always wanted to get the spacers for my 05 cause i cant see shid out of them !

Back