Gunny has left the building

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
I know no one likes to read a 20 paragraph post so let me start out by saying THANK YOU! I had a blast! Omar you are by far the Grand Poobah of the Kansas chapter. He set up every thing for me from lunches with the locals to the trip to Caps house. Hal man what can I say about Hal, what a great guy. Hal is one of the classiest guys I know and is by far the best joke teller around with Omar in a close second. As most of you know Hal went down a while back and was able to rebuild his bike with the generous part donations from the board, I have seen what you guys have done and you should be proud of your self's. So Omar and Hal say "Gunny come down to the races at Caps house with us"￾ and I say "ËœGood to go"￾ Well after 4 hours and the dreaded hills of Kansas we pull of the hwy at caps exit, Omar says "Gunny go ahead and ride my bike the rest of the way to Caps house"￾. Now I have always told my self I wouldn't sleep with another man's wife or rid his bike! Well I took his offer and rode his bike and it was fun! So now I'm doing a ton down this road in Oklahoma, where you can hear them playing banjo's and your butt cheeks tighten up , thinking this is the life when in the distance I think I see a cop, now I'm thinking great I'm going to run for it on Omar's bike ! Well it turns out to be the cruiser that the Cap used to patrol in when he was THE MAN. Next day, Hal says " Gunny why don't you ride my bike today"￾ ( Hal is still a little sore for his accident, truth be told he is still in a lot of pain but he wont tell you that ) Hal is a tough bird I guess you have to be to survive Vietnam. Anyway I tell Hal I would love to ride her, It was only later that I was told I was the only one outside of family that had rode his bike and the first one since it had been rebuilt so either Hal likes me or just needed a guinea pig. And to Skotty the man with the worst frame slider job on the whole board, dude I hope you're still not sunburned cause I am and it sucks! I will save the "ËœCaps house story"￾ for another thread.

I meet A LOT of peeps on this trip and I would like to thank them all. I am back in SoCal for one week then it's off the Texas, I'll see what kinda fun I can have with the Texas crew!

Gunny

Bet your glad to get home bro! We had a great time at Caps house. I have said it before and I will say it again, you will not find a better group of people than we have right here on the oRg!

glad i got to meet you while you were over here for a few days...you are always welcome to come back and hang any time you get a chance
beerchug.gif

I think between you , Hal and Omar, you could have a new comedy trio... you guys should take it on the road (or at least the spring bash) Was not sure if every one was red from sunburn or laughing...

Nice meeting you and glad you are home safe..

Gunny, first let me say I hope everything is OK at home. I know it had to be hard for you to be here with all the fires and destruction going on in Socal. It was great meeting you in person, although I felt I already knew you from the org, it was neet being able to spend time with you and to get to know you better. I appreciate the time you took away from studies to come over to the house and do some wrenching on the busa. +1 on Omar. He is a big asset to the org. and I love him like a son. As far as you riding my busa, you would probably have to know me for a long time to appreciate how much confidence and trust I would have to have in someone to hand the key to my baby over. It is true, other than you, Semi, Omslaw and my son Chris, you are the only person outside the family who has ever ridden her, so now I consider you part of the family too! Had a great time with you on the trip and I hope we are able to see each other down the road soon.

Thanks Gunny,
Hal

Have a good trip back Gunny. I'm glad you get to spend some time with the family before you are off to Texas.

I think you might be on to something about the guinea pig theory! I heard Hal say something about being surprised it tracked half way straight!
smile.gif

Might see you in Texas in a few weeks!

Glad you made it home safely! It was great to finally meet ya in person! Holla when you're back in KC and we'll hook-up!

--Omar

You guys in Kansas really do suck...we throw this guy out of CA and he ends up right back here WTF
tounge.gif

...glad to have met you Gunny.

When you come to Texas, you'll have fun, we love poeple from other countries.
cool.gif

It was great to have you here Gunny. My gear shifting has become a lot smoother thanks to you
smile.gif
I have come to understand that the org takes care of its members like a family. I am glad to be a part of it. Looking forward to have you back.

Gunny,
It was nice to meet you....Sorry I couldn't have hooked you up with riding my other Busa...The wife just rides it to darn much...Next time you are in town we have to get together and have lunch again. Take care and Semper Fi...

Gunny,
 It was nice to meet you....Sorry I couldn't have hooked you up with riding my other Busa...The wife just rides it to darn much...Next time you are in town we have to get together and have lunch again.  Take care and Semper Fi...
I,ll be back in KSCKS on the 12th

Back