the house

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Now that I've own the house for a month I'm finally getting some work done. For the last month I've been going over there once maybe twice a week. I started with changing all the lock, put up new garage door openers and pulled up a 5X8 foot section of hardwood floor that were glued to the concrete floor. The floor was a real pain in the backside but with the right tools it turn out to be very therapeutic. Nothing like beating the crap out of something for over an hour.
boxing.gif

This week started out with getting a crew out there and start redoing all the ceiling to wall joints and getting rid of all the textured junk. They sanded all the ceilings over the last two days and started re-tapeing them today. It looks like they should be finished by Friday.
cool.gif
While they are working I've been busy myself. I rented a dumpster and ripped out all of the old carpet and padding, pulled up all the tack strips and the staples the held the padding down. It took me two days to get that done. Today and had to spend 4 1/2 hours on my roof. I have two skylights and one of them had a leak in the past. When I had the house inspected it was dry so I thought all was good until we finally got some HEAVY rain. It still leaks.
pissed.gif
I figured it just need to be resealed but when I tore it apart I found that the leak was worse then I thought and that my roof had a rotted hole in it. So I cut out the damage, replace the wood, sealed the life out of it and completely reseal the skylight. Of coarse it was raining on and off the whole time I was up there. One more heavy rain storm and a garden hose later IT'S FIXED
muscle.gif
or so it seems. We'll see tomorrow if the floor is still dry. Next is paint followed by new carpet and then I should be able to move in and finish the rest of the little things.
ThumbsUp.gif

before pic of the ceilings. They all look the same so here is only one spot.
crazy.gif

IMG_1593__Medium_.JPG

the rest of the pictures are for the cellphone so sorry about that.
The drywall guys sanding the ceilings.  All day for two days.  I still don't know how the can look back down and the end of the day.  
bowdown.gif

10_23_07_1434.jpg

the hole in the roof after damage cutout. I didn't get a before shot.
banghead.gif

10_24_07_1241.jpg

the bad wood. The cutout was for the corner of the skylight. You can see when the rotted wood is missing from the cutout.

10_24_07_1647.jpg

THE PICTURE OF THE PARTICLE BOARD YOU TORE OUT LOOKS LIKE A LARGE FIRE AT FIRST GLANCE.

They're done and they did a great job.
clap.gif

A second coat of paint may be required but atleast I don't have to do it. However I do have to paint the rest of the house.
sad.gif

New paint and fans

HPIM1095__Medium_.JPG

Back