Death in the Family

Projekt

Registered
sad.gif

My grandma passed on earlier today.
I am halfway around the world.
Me: Baghdad
Her: Bucerias near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I saw her last around two years ago when I took a road trip with my old man.
Here I am in Baghdad, which is probably the most difficult place in the world to get out of, thinking about it.
I have to think that my financial support would do more than the bloody odyssey I would have to undertake in order to be there for her funeral.
Not to mention that flights out of Kuwait into Mexico city begin at around $4grand. These are the times that I wish I wasn't so far away. Luckily my father will be by her side as he is living there in retirement. He notified us about her death early this morning.

May she be tranquil in the afterlife.

so sorry man its gotta be a tough deal being so far away prayers sent

BRO , YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS , GOD BLESS YOUR GRANDMOTHER !!! BE SAFE AND COME BACK IN ONE PIECE !!

altamont_lake_sunset.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma
sad.gif

Prayers to you and your family...

My condolences. Sorry you are so far away from her. But she is with you in spirit.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Prayers sent. Just remember, she now gets to be your guardian angel and help keep you out of trouble.

I guess the only way to get there on time would be to ride a bolt of lighting.
She is being buried at 6PM Mexican Local Time (Central Time). They sure do bury quickly in Mexico. I am not sure if it has to do with her religion or local tradition.
I don't think the Concorde could even get me there on time.

sorry about your grandmother's passing and that you can't make it to her funeral...prayers sent

So sorry to hear of your family's loss......
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you
and your family.....

Sorry bro. I know how you feel. I lost my grandmother while in Viet Nam and couldn't get back for the funeral. May God ease your pain and give you comfort during this sad time.

Sorry for your loss... i know it cant be easy being that far away either!

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Thoughts and prayers to all of you. And thank you for serving our country!!

Back