jersey is wack!

craigntx

Registered
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5717223

(10/21/07 - DENNIS TOWNSHIP, NJ) - A second-grader's drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun earned him a one-day school suspension.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on ABC13.com:

Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Walker, 7, was suspended last week for violating Dennis Township Primary School's zero-tolerance policy on guns, the boy's mother, Shirley McDevitt, told The Press of Atlantic City.

Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child's parents complained about it to school officials, McDevitt said. Her son told her the drawing was of a water gun, she said.

A photocopy of the picture provided by McDevitt showed two stick figures with one pointing a crude-looking gun at the other, the newspaper said. What appeared to be the word "me" was written above the shooter, with another name scribbled above the other figure.

School officials declined to comment Friday. A message left at the superintendent's office Saturday was not returned.

Kyle drew other pictures, including a skateboarder, King Tut, a ghost, a tree and a Cyclops, the newspaper reported.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

suspended for playing cops and robbers, with fingers as guns
http://www.mcsm.org/badgame.html
The Associated Press

SAYREVILLE, N.J. (AP) - School district officials plan to review a ``zero-tolerance'' policy after four kindergartners playing 'cops and robbers' were suspended for making threats.

The Wilson School students received the three-day suspensions after the March 15 incident, in which the children pretended their fingers were guns and said they wanted to shoot each other.

Classmates overheard their comments and reported them to a teacher, who told the principal.

Principal Georgia Baumann followed school district policy on threats and violence and suspended the students.

``This is a no tolerance policy. We're very firm on weapons and threats,'' district superintendent William L. Bauer said. ``Given the climate of our society, we cannot take any of these statements in a light manner.''

Bauer said he supported Baumann's decision, although he understood why parents were upset.

He said the district would review the policy after one of the students' fathers complained that officials overreacted.

``I understand there is fear and paranoia going on, but there has to be some rationale to it,'' the father, who did not want his child identified, told the Home News Tribune of East Brunswick in Wednesday's editions. ``It was at a time when these kids were supposed to be playing. They don't even understand what happened.''

AP-NY-04-06-00 0358EDT

This Information Is From The Associated Press

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

So, THAT'S a prelude to HIGHER EDUCATION  
whistling.gif
! Of course it means NOTHING to them that less than 70% of students in High School can point out Iraq on a map and 31% can't show you the U.S
banghead.gif
. So, I guess these guys KNOW the REAL meaning of Education
laugh.gif

I dont think USA has higher education. Full of a bunch of whiny entitlement driven idiots with their own agenda. I know I live next to a principal. Having 0 common sense and has no idea what current events are or what's even going on in our own neighborhood. I love the quote "Who is Carey Grant?" Not even a current person but I think you understand.

oh yeah, i love it. jersey is great.
laugh.gif
however dennis Twp does have some decent riding roads comming out of wildwood. its the same story everywhere you go anymore. i'm a little scared for my son, hes only 7mos old, raising him without him being tainted by our light-in-the-loafers society oughta be an interesting journey.
firedevil.gif

Back