ABOVE AND BEYOND

proud dad

Registered
I just received this email from my daughter-n-law
sad.gif
Iraq was nothing to John,but coming home.I'm speechless.

To My Family and Friends-

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Johnson Family, who are very close friends of Nickolas and I, as they grieve the lose of their two small children Logan(2) and Ashley(5) and pray for the healing of his wife Lisa and their son Tyler, who is still in the ICU at Dallas Childrens hospital currently in a medically induced coma with serious injuries. Spc John Austin Johnson ( the father) returned from Iraq due to a major Brain injury after being hit with his 7th IED, in August and has been in San Antonio healing. He was being discharged this weekend and his wife Lisa and their three children were traveling to pick him up and bring him home to El Paso . They had a horrible car accident on their travel there. Lisa and son, Tyler were taken to nearby hospitals and the other two children, Logan and Ashley did not survive the accident.

Nickolas and I along with our unit 1/9 CAV are asking that you join us in supporting SPC John (Austin) and Lisa Johnson Family, by sending cards of love and support, Also there have been Two memorial funds opened in honor of their family Below are the details. The Johnsons will need all the financial help they can get with medical bills and the burial of their two babies. Any amount would be appreciated.

On a more personal note, this family and especially their children meant alot to Nickolas and I when we first began our Army adventure in December of 2005 they were the first couple to welcome us into their home and befriend us. I personally watched these children for some time while Lisa had to work, Logan, Ashley and Tyler were some of the happiest kids you would ever meet. And all three had the biggest and brightest smile, they are such a loving family, and all three of these children could show any adult what the meaning of a sibiling love really is. The world is going to be a little less brighter with out Logan and Ashley's bright smiling faces. John Austin the father has worked closely with nickolas also since his Army career began in December they both suffered through the 6 IED attacks together, John Austin was the gunner on Nicks humvee and Nickolas was the driver/dismount. This is not just some little accident, this is a horrible tragedy. For a father to come home barely able to talk, and now to loose his two youngest children, and his thrid child fighting for his life with the prognosis not good. Like I said before they could use all the help love and prayers they can get.

Thank you for your time and support for this family

The Johnson Family Memorial Fund has been set up at the
CHASE BANK # 763159878.
Donations may be made at any of the CHASE BANK locations
Please keep the Johnson Family in your Prayers during this difficult time. Families pass this information about the Memorial Fund to any one that you wish.
Thank You for all your support for the Johnson Family.

Also if you do not have Chase bank in your area you can send checks made out to the memorial fund with the account number on then to me and I will drop them off at the bank

John was out back in december from a concusion from the 4th attack,for 2 weeks.
John is 2nd from the left.Nick is 4th.Coming home was worse than war for this hero.

Picture005WEB.jpg

A very sad, tragic event. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.

Daughter-n-law and my grandson heading to AR.for the funeral of the kids.John thinks no one cares about the loss of the kids.She will be there to support and let him know,we care.

This is horrible. For one family to endure so much loss at once. My heart is saddened. I will keep them in my prayers that God may keep them close to Him and help John, Lisa and Tyler recover. Please let them know that we care and are praying for them.

Back