THIS REALLY BLOWS!

PUNN1025

Registered
Yesterday I started my day at Toyota like usual, pulling in cages of parts from toyota and they always lock these cages with thick cable ties which we cut off with a razor blade (thats the only thing they provide us with)so guess what happen next...... yes after doing this since 99 and always saying to myself....one of these days.... it happen. I sliced the top of my finger and since the tie was thick i did it good enough to slice through a tendon which needed immidate surgery to repair so now my hand is in a partial cast for the next 4 to 6 weeks. All because the idiots at Toyota cant come up with a better way to close these cages and because the idiot dealership didnt want to fork over 5 bucks for some snippers. What makes it worst is Professor just shipped out my chrome wheels for the busa and i wont be able to enjoythem until spring

WTF!
banghead.gif

Maybe time for a call to OSHA. I presume you're claiming workman's comp as well.

Get OSHA on the horn and see if they would like to come down and investigate. Are you part of a union? Check with them too about unsafe work environment....

Maybe you can help your other coworkers prevent injury.

yeah this really blows. its even hard to type with one hand. and yeah workmans comp is handling this, but i still havent decided whats my next step, it wouldnt have been so bad if it was just stitches but since i needed surgery im really p'd off
firedevil.gif

I hear ya on that one. I spent most of the summer in a cast.

The only positive is the season is coming to an end, and it should be a comp case.

Hope you have a speedy and full recovery
muscle.gif

I would have bought the $5 pair of snips myself.

Of course, they should have provided them, but if they're too stupid I'm protecting MY hide...

Sorry Punn. I can relate. I thought I would get the all clear to ride from my doctor this past Wed, but my Dr. said my shoulder was not healing and may have to pin it. Giving it 4 more weeks before the decision to do so. Heal up soon and start making plans for the spring bash.

sux to hear man, glad it wasnt something more ah, vital tho...and hope it wasnt the good 'ole "action hand"-it suck not to have that old familiar friend for a month of more...but it sure makes it easy to get a sympathetic **** job
bowdown.gif

that sux dude. we deal with tie wraps all the time. for years the only way to cut them is with dikes. cut yourself usaing a box cutter while cutting those and you are at fault. of course we have a hardy supply of proper cutters so ther is no excuse.

Sorry Punn. Have Professor send me the wheels. I'l give you a full report on how Bling they look.
tounge.gif

Sorry to hear it. A month will go by pretty quick, but the weather will be getting bad around the same time for you. Time to come up with the winter mod plan!

the thing is i got to get my wheels off and get them back to professor, to be honest thats my main concern right now. Hmmm where can i get some shoes with velcro straps. lol

Uhhh..WHICH HAND
rock.gif
?........ if it's the right, we can work with that...if it's the left, we can work with that...... a little hook here, a little rubber there....YOU CAN RIDE !!!!  
super.gif

coolold.gif

Back