Pics of your first bike

kaosccw

Registered
1973 Triumph chopper

triumph__Small_.jpg

Man, I dont have any pics of my first bike. It was an 81 Kawasaki KE 100.

My first bike was a Kawasaki GPZ 550. I put 24000 miles on that bike, wish I still had it. I have a pic but its not digital, I need to have it scaned.

Here she is in all her glory!
super.gif

The photo is an exact version and color I had but, was jacked from Google Images. ( I don't have digital photos of my Honda only paper photo and no scanner. If i ever get a chance, I will update the photo.

1979 Honda CM400

The Honda CM series was a street bike precursor to the Honda Nighthawk series of motorcycles. These bikes had a 398cc parallel twin engine that was air-cooled. Features included electric start.

Models included the following:

-CM400A (Automatic) -CM400C (Custom) -CM400E (Economy) -CM400T (Twin or maybe Touring)

The Honda CM series all generally resembled the older-style flat-seat bikes from the 60s and 70s, with the exception of a slightly raised passenger area seat and small plastic fairings for the battery and electrical. These are "standard" style motorcycles but do have some elements of the cruiser (stepped seat, increased fork angle, extra chrome).

The CM400 series includes only a speedometer and three indicator lights (neutral, oil pressure, high beam) with a tachometer for the C and T models. The E (economy) model had wire wheels and drum brakes, while the others had "Comstar" alloy wheels and a front disk/rear drum braking setup. While not particularly powerful, the CM400 handling makes it one of the great starter bikes.

In 1982,the CM engine was bored out to 447 cc engine size, and the series renamed CM450. This year also marked the debut of the Nighthawk, with sportier styling, under the name Nighthawk 450. Nighthawks were also built as a 250 twin, and in 550, 650, 700 and 750 sizes, all with 4-cylinder engines. The Nighthawk 750 lasted until 2003. The 250, now simply called the Nighthawk, is still being built and is widely used as a training bike by motorcycle driving schools.

Source:http://www.answers.com/topic/honda-cm400

80cm400.jpg

Shoot I think I was probably 10 or so and asked my dad if I could get a motorcycle, he said "sure, get a job and buy one yourself" so I did, I was 11 when I bought one of these, 1965 Honda 50 Sport, not a pic of the actual bike.

post_6_37658_Honda_Sport_65.jpg

My first new bike. 74 Honda CB500T. Found this one in perfect condition on ebay. Might just have to buy it!

first_bike.jpg

A couple of mopeds and a Vespa do not count as bikes. Circa 1989. Note touring setting and full riding gear since day one. The background is the medieval town of Avila (Spain).

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back