GUN GURUS

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
I am trying to find any information on a pistol that I maybe considering buying. It is a Kimber NRA Eclipse II .45 ACP that was only avalible at the Friends of NRA banquets. The gun is NIB and is nuber 486 of 1000. If anyone could help me with the value of this gun it would be great. I have no clue on the original sellling price but they are asking $2500 which is double the price of a normal Kimber pistol but this would be considered a collector's item and woudn't be fired... Thanks in advance

Kimber_20GOY2_20400.jpg

Dood, thats a nice piece. Dont know what they are going for though. I never would expect to make money on it as an investment though. Guns generally have to be over 120 years old or very, very unique or have a strong following with a discontinued supply source to see much appreciation. The .45 has a tremendously strong and loyal following here in the us, but I see a crap load of these "collectors editions". If you like it and can afford it why not ,but dont waste your savings on a gun you cant fire. After all, thats the fun part.

Dood, thats a nice piece. Dont know what they are going for though. I never would expect to make money on it as an investment though. Guns generally have to be over 120 years old or very, very unique or have a strong following with a discontinued supply source to see much appreciation. The .45 has a tremendously strong and loyal following here in the us, but I see a crap load of these "collectors editions". If you like it and can afford it why not ,but dont waste your savings on a gun you cant fire. After all, thats the fun part.
I love my Kimber's and they are about the best .45 you will get your hands on.Im not sure about the value of that particular piece either,but you could get an extremely nice custom shop Kimber for far less than that price tag and could really enjoy shooting it without destroying it's value.Very nice for sure but I would pass and grab one for functionality unless you would just like to have this one for a show piece.Just my .02.Nick

http://www.mattburkett.com/ (pretty close to guru if such a thing) this is my old shooting partner (well he let me go shooting with him) Tell him Randy from Indiana sent you.. he often has match guns (wins them ) or old comp guns for sale. He can build you a brand new match pistol for about 7G too
smile.gif
Anyway, he should be able to tell you a good amount about it

Thanks for the help guys. I have a kimber i shoot when i have the chance and love it. This would be more of an investment because of the limited nature of the gun. I will have to mill over buying it for the weekend. If you guys find a price PLEASE post it.

I asked some 1911 guys and got this answer. I hope this helps.

"Through our store I have had many experienes with banquet guns like NRA , Ducks Unlimited , Pheasants Forever , Quail Unlimited , etc . On the open market , they don't usually bring any more than a standard gun of the same model".

I'm not in my office , but I think the Eclipse sells new for about $1100 . I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm too far off.

"Through our store I have had many experienes with banquet guns like NRA , Ducks Unlimited , Pheasants Forever , Quail Unlimited , etc . On the open market , they don't usually bring any more than a standard gun of the same model".

I'm not in my office , but I think the Eclipse sells new for about $1100 . I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm too far off.
That helps me alot! Thank you very much Big Bo.
bowdown.gif

That helps me alot! Thank you very much Big Bo.
bowdown.gif
good 411...it's been my experience that the bloated price of any "L.E. Organizational Novelty Run Guns"...experience their highest re-sale value the night of the original bidding...and the bloated cost is often thought of as "a donation"...to that organization...folks who use'im couldn't give a rats azz about paying the extra $1,400 for organizational serialized stampings.

However....if ya should ever run across any 1911 with the word "SINGER" stamped on the slide?..

Jump on it!

I'm a bit of a shadetree gunsmith..i built this one for myself...

trophy.jpg

pistols.jpg

and if i was looking at Kimbers?...i wouldn't buy one until i took a serious look at the new line of SigSaur 1911 format pistols...the Kimbers are fantastic but...those new sigs are looking pretty damn hot to me as well...i'm a machinist by trade...and the new sig 1911's look damn impressive.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back