Revolution

bigoltool

Registered
This morning I rode to work as usual and rode into my usual parking spot which is one of three dedicated "Motorcycle Only" parking spots at my company. Or at least that's what I thought. On Monday I came to work and found a Car parked in my usual spot. The owner of the car had conveniently turned the sign around backwards! I sought out the site manager and asked him to take care of the situation and he assured me he would. This AM I get to work and notice that I am now parked in a "carpool only parking"￾ spot! This clown's idea of addressing the situation was to get rid of one of our Bike spots and turn it into a carpool spot! What a statement! I subsequently went upstairs and wrote the attached email to my coworkers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My fellow Motorcyclists

As most of you know I ride a motorcycle to work on a fairly regular basis. On Monday of this week I rode to work and found a car parked in a clearly labeled motorcycle only parking space. I promptly sought out ----  ------ and asked him if he was the correct person to report this to. He advised me that he would take care of the situation and I assumed he would. Recently a car parked in a Motorcycle parking spot did over $3600 damage to a motorcycle and unknown damage to a nearby car.  This morning I arrived at work on my bike only to find that the southern most Motorcycle only parking spot now has a "Carpool parking only" sign in front of it! Not my idea of taking care of the situation by any means. I realize that not all of you utilize these spots and I am pretty sure that complaining to anyone here would do absolutely no good. But it makes me feel better to at least advise everyone of this shining example of corporate apathy."￾
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The net effect of all this turned into a rallying of the troops as it were. An email chain of epic proportions ensued. Of the 12 people I know who ride at least 8 of us are now going to ride to work early tomorrow and take up as many car pool parking spots as possible as a show of solidarity. I have also written a letter to the Snohomish county Community transit authorities as well.

Good Morning ____ Yacht plant on a 4x10 hour work week which also ends at 4:30 PM 4 days a week. All together there are approximately 600 employees at this site all of whom are now trying to leave simultaneously with obvious results to traffic, noise and other emissions. These decisions were part of  an ill conceived and poorly executed plan to promote productivity at the behest of the employees their families, their communities and the environment.

I am writing this in the hope that perhaps you would have some influence or at the very least some suggestions on what we employees' might do to improve the situation here.

I thank you for your time.

I'll let you know how it turns out!
cursin.gif

Ahhh, corporate America...around here, in small town USA, my coworkers just get sick of me telling them "hey, you parked in my spot today!" so they tend to avoid doing so...
cool.gif

I hope it works out for you...keep us posted!
beerchug.gif

Something happened to my first post. I tried to edit it but it won't let me. Some of the text got wiped out on the paste.

But you get the picture.

Hopefully everyone follows through and I will post a pic if it goes down!
peace.gif

so how do they turn 1 motorcycle parking spot into a "carpool" only parking place? clown car? (they tend to fill them suckers up ya know)
lurk.gif

Easy there Killer.. No really I feel your pain we have space that is designated for M/C parking as well but what gets my goat is we have this one fella who rides one of those samll cages called a goldwing and refuses to park in the same direction as the other bikes and he kills us because he makes it a point to try and park in the middle of the designated area and of coarse he has to back that big ol car in there instead of just pulling in like the rest of us. Not quite the same as your situation but close and I feel your furstration.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

well get to work a bit earlier, flip the sign around and park
smile.gif
(roadlok)

Motorcycles used to park in the corners in the garage where the cars can't fit. Facilities decided that if they were "no parking" for cars, then they were "no parking" for motorcycles too. So now each motorcycle takes up an entire parking space in the garage. The Bikers complain about not being to park in the garage if the cagers beat us in in the morning. Cagers complain that the bikes are taking up entire spots. Facilities doesn't seem to care.

*UPDATE*

Well after getting everyone lathered up at work this morning I finally got to the bottom of this. Seems that the sign change had nothing to do with the battle over the Motorcycle spot. I caught up with the Site Manager and I asked him what the problem was and he looked at me like I had a chicken growing out of my head! He had no idea what I was talking about and looked at his side kick, who as it turned out was the culprit and a fellow motorcyclist! His boss even said what the heck did you do that for? He told me that they did that every fall to make more room for the Car pooler's in the winter time.I just looked at him and said not this year youngster! He looked at me and his boss and said OK I'll change it back! I then told him about the uproar from all of the Motorcyclists in Engineering that were planning to revolt(hence the Revolution)any minute. He apologized and we went our separate ways. But the ride-in/carpool spot take over is still on! As far as I know there were about ten guys saying that they were in. We'll play nice of course but there is no way in hell thy are getting that MC spot without a fight!
moon.gif

Ironically our community transit does not specifically recognize motorcycles as HOV's or alternative transportation even though we can use the HOV lanes on the roads. Go Figure.
spank.gif

New Update-
After this initially worked into a full blown lather last week and I found out who started all of it a few things have transpired. I had written a letter to our local community transit folks and had encouraged other Motorcyclists to do the same. A few did. Well I never heard from them but one guy (a sympathetic bicyclist) did write them and got a call back! They in turn contacted the new Employee Transportation Coordinator (Herein referred to as the ETC) at my company and he was unhappy about them contacting him. So then I and another motorcyclist who were instigating this whole thing at work get an email from the "Cager"￾ who started the whole thing in the first place calling us immature for putting notes on his car and trying to organize a peaceful show of force and also advised that the ETC was unhappy about being contacted by the county! I let that dog lie so as not to get myself in trouble at work.

Fast forward to yesterday. I finally get a reply to myself and the ETC from the Community transit representative entitled "Motorcycle Parking"￾. She advised that she would be most happy to come on site and talk with us about all kinds of things relating to carpooling etc. but that she could only do so if the ETC organized an employee "transportation fair"￾. Well that had me laughing at first and I was trying to find a nice PC way of replying to her when said ETC fires off a quick burst in the form of a single sentence "We have motorcycle parking"￾! Way to represent the employees! This clown is supposed to be an HR manager and won't even talk to the peeps. Once again I chose not to lash out at this guy for fear of reprisals.

Fast forward to today. The Motorcycle parking only sign is back to stay! After all the BS the guy who started it all put the sign back up today. I just informed all of my coworkers and am now beside myself with glee for sticking it to these A-holes!
moon.gif

Back