Raises at you Company???  What is the norm?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I have been a Manager with my Co. for slightly more than 10 years. In that time our company has quadrupled in size and the employess are more than ever just numbers now instead of actually being people with faces... I have seen a few years where the annual raise was awesome and years like this one where they say budget restrictions blah blah blah, cost of living increases only... And they handed out 2.48% to myself and my staff except for one of my girls who got 11% because I got her bumped her to FT...

What is the average percentage your compnay give yearly (if they do) and is 2.48% realeastic WTF???

2.48% turns into 1.78% after taxes...

UCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

last year I got 3%, was told that was very good. no idea what the "norm" average is. when I used to work for the city, a 3% cost of living raise was a given, but that's the only job that i've had that did that.

We get a raise every two years. This year it was right at 10% so that makes it about 5% a year if you break it up. And this company has been doing this for many, many years. So, the raises are generally the same.

My raises are tied to the price of parts, as it is straight commission based. Ideally, this amounts to approx 10% yearly, but new competion and GM's extended warranties have been cutting that down a bit.

you know what I say just be happy you got one Bro but yes a 2-3% raise is average.
Actually I wasn't grumbling for me... I am pretty much at the cap for my job in the company.

My staff had an issue with what they got. The range for them is $9.00 to $14.00...

I've been getting 4% annually for the last 5 years - it's higher than most from what I'm told but salaries are confidential, right?... Since I'm go-to guy for almost anything that needs to be done right and I'm the one cleaning up most of the messes my co-workers make, they'd be in a bad way if I left. I have a feeling they know that if I don't get what I'm expecting, I'll be out the door. So it's 4% every year. My next review is the end of Nov - let's see what happens then...

Well tell them to be happy with what they got. They could have not even gotten a raise I work part time at the largest power sports dealer in Central Texas and my boss flat out told me don't even think about asking for a raise cause you won't get one. I about fell out of my chair laughing I mean it is not my real Job just a part time jig I do on the side to get discounted parts and access to all the special tools that I may need to fix my bike if something goes wrong.

based on a percentage of current base salary

Performance Rating Above Midpoint Below Midpoint
Exceptional 8.0% 7.0%
Very Strong 5.5% 5.0%
Strong 3.5% 3.0%
Inconsistent 2.0% 1.5%
Action Required 0% 0%
Too New 2.5% 2.0%
Not Rated 2.5% 2.0%

but salaries are confidential, right?...  
Right... Corporations created that custom so nobody knows how shitty they paid in comparison with another guys... and been sued for discrimination.
There are some ways to find out how your salary compares.... I thought I'd look at other options within the company because I got tired of pulling all the weight. When I checked out other lateral positions, I'm making the near the top of my grade and the other managers had never seen anyone that high on the scale. It was nice to find that out but it also told me that if I choose to leave - they may have priced me out of the market for an equivalent position with another company without taking a pay cut.

There's 2 sides to the confidentiality issue - if my co-workers found out how much I make, the poop would hit the fan big time. They would get lazier and complain louder instead of actually getting the work done (accurately, I might add...) and in turn, earn a decent increase. It comes down to taking responsibility for the quality of your work. You can either do it and make good money or you can screw off all day then make excuses why it's not done or done right and blame someone else because you don't make what you think you should. Guess which type I work with?...

based on a percentage of current base salary

Performance Rating  Above Midpoint  Below Midpoint  
    Exceptional           8.0%           7.0%
    Very Strong           5.5%           5.0%
      Strong              3.5%           3.0%
   Inconsistent           2.0%           1.5%
 Action Required            0%             0%
     Too New              2.5%           2.0%
    Not Rated             2.5%           2.0%
This is very similar to ours. I changed jobs so I bumped up 10% this year, then got another 4.6%.

Confedentiality... ha ha ha... All it takes to take HR prosessor to the dinner and I know how much everyone makes...

Once upon a time I was hired for 5K less then everyone else for the same position.
I confronted my boss telling her that people saying that I am discriminated and I really feel that way. got 5K more a year instantly.

Civil service we shoot for 4% every contract. Usually have to give something up for it. The more senior guys have no problem giving up recruits but I disagree with it. I consider it a type of union busting. You can't have different benefits based on hire date. Sooner or later it will bite back. They are after medical benefits BIG TIME. Ours aren't even that good but still cost the municipality big $$$. But hey, the town voted to build a ski mountain on Grumman property instead of motorsports park. A fuggin ski mountain on Long Island? Yeah, we need that...

3.0 to 3.5% They say (lie) and say thats a good raise?
guns.gif

Back