My little brother joined the Marines

Donnie373

Registered
Good bye's suck.
sad.gif

I am SO proud of him! If all goes well, he graduates on January 5th.

Tough for family, but I'm sure everyone so incredibly proud of him...

Thanks to him for what he's doing to serve our Country
beerchug.gif

He will come back a changed man after boot. You wont believe the difference. Good for him. Make sure the family sends him lots of letters. I know that helped me when I went to boot camp years ago. It means allot. I bet everyone is very proud.
bowdown.gif

Is your borther an "open contract" or does he have a guarantee? Just curious what he will do in the Corps. Several of us here; when he graduates we will welcome him aboard...

BTW, is he going to Boot Camp or Parris Island?
smile.gif

Is your borther an "open contract" or does he have a guarantee?  Just curious what he will do in the Corps.  Several of us here; when he graduates we will welcome him aboard...

smile.gif
Lets hope he isn't open contract....and by the way Parris Island is the REAL boot camp!!!!
fight.gif
Definatly write him letters everyday....

Couldn't you talk him out of it? Was he facing a prison sentence or something? Sheesh! Good luck! Keep your head down and come back ok?

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 09 2007 said:
1197206[/ATTACH] AM]
Is your borther an "open contract" or does he have a guarantee?  Just curious what he will do in the Corps.  Several of us here; when he graduates we will welcome him aboard...

smile.gif
Lets hope he isn't open contract....and by the way Parris Island is the REAL boot camp!!!!    
fight.gif
 Definatly write him letters everyday....
True - 4th Battalion! Grrrr!
smile.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smile.gif

Congrats to your brother! I wish him the best on his journey!
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

I have two brothers in the service. My thoughts and my heart is with you and with them.

--Wag--

Is your borther an "open contract" or does he have a guarantee? Just curious what he will do in the Corps. Several of us here; when he graduates we will welcome him aboard...

smile.gif
Thank you all for your support and well wishes for him. Just in your responding to my post has shown more love and respect than has been given by my family through this.

I am not sure what "open contract" is, however i do know that he is signed up for 4 years of active duty and then an additional 4 years of reserve. I just did the math on that... I will be 31 and he will just have turned 29 by the time 8 years is over. wow... thats big for me. Oh, and he is going to boot camp down in San Diego. He wants his M.O.S. to be something involving demolitions... lol, that sounds just like him :)He talked alot about driving a special vehicle over minefields to detonate them (comforting! lol). Also, he is terrified about "black friday" when he meets his D.I.'s.

This month has been really rough on him . Starting 3 weekends ago we lost our Grandpa to cancer. we both got to be pallbearers for his funeral. His girlfriend of 6 months left for college shortly before that and our parents (married 25 years) are in an ever more increasingly difficult divorce. I have been very very happily married for 2.5 years now, so I have my support through this. Paul (my little brother), i hope, will find himself and his needed support and distraction in the Marines. It's something we have both wanted to do since we were very little. Oh no... I just had a thought (I hate when that happens!). Christmas is going to suck! Sigh... oh well. Adapt and overcome.

Thank you again and please keep him in your prayers,

God bless

Back