New Helmet

Cool deal, I love my multitech

I miss the nose guard sometimes and its a little loud but the flip makes up for it.
beerchug.gif

Neat helmet!  I've often wondered about those.  

Not to jack the thread or jinx anyone, but anyone ever worn one of those in an accident? Since 19% of a frontal impact is taken on the chin, I'm concerned it won't hold up.

Since 19% of a frontal impact is taken on the chin, I'm concerned it won't hold up.
That's been the REAL question for years. BUT, there are alot of guys riding LD rides who use and sware by them. In all the years I've been associated with LD's (which has been since 1995) I've never heard a negative (other than they're noiser than the full face) about them. And there has been several wrecks including one member having a heart attack on a ride, dying while riding but received no facial or upper body injurys. So, it worked there  
thumb_up.gif

Just curious- Is it Snell and dot approved? Last time I was looking at those, they didn't have the Snell endorsement because the pivot point wouldnt take a side impact.

Neat helmet! I've often wondered about those.

Not to jack the thread or jinx anyone, but anyone ever worn one of those in an accident? Since 19% of a frontal impact is taken on the chin, I'm concerned it won't hold up.
I looked at this type of lid just a week ago with the intent to buy until I saw the label on the lid that read "This helmet is not intended to protect the chin during an impact". I don't know what this helmet is rated for but one thing I do know is it is better than nothing and I see nothing all day long. I love the concept and think that it will only get better and safer. Keep us posted as time go by and congrats on the way cool lid.
cool.gif

Neat helmet!  I've often wondered about those.  

I don't know what this helmet is rated for but one thing I do know is it is better than nothing and I see nothing all day long. I love the concept and think that it will only get better and safer. Keep us posted as time go by and congrats on the way cool lid.
cool.gif
I completely agree that any helmet is better than nothing!

And yes, please keep up posted on your thoughts on that lid.

This is a good read, Linksta

No flip face helmet is SNELL approved, this multitech was upgraded with more metal reinforcements in the "flip" area to maintain its shape in an impact.

Back