got to ride a new 08 busa the other day

jch364

Registered
I had the opportunity to ride a new 08 busa the other day. A guy I met that works for the same city as i do let me take a little spin on his dark blue 08 . I didnt ride it more than a half mile and just putted around in a couple of gears but when I got off I was left with some very distinct impressions of the bike in that little bit of a ride. First, the pipes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ugly. They look like engine nacelles from star trek. Ok. Im a geek. Any way. When I first started it up I immediately noticed how incredibly smooth it was. Idling was quieter and the vibration had to be less then half of my 06. I love the instrument panel. The windshield looks wider and is taller so you dont have to tuck in to see the dials. I like that. When I drove off I noticed the shifting seemed smoother. The bike had less than 500 miles on it. The short ride was smooth. Very nice over all. My impression is that it looks like a real improvement. I know that there are a lot of little changes on the bike with brakes etc. that you wont notice in a short ride but first impression here is that Suzuki hit this one out of the park....

beerchug.gif
Thanks for the review.

The only problem I see now is that I am even more tempted now to trade my 06 in and get a new one. It is going to be a hard decision. The only good thing is that I couldn't buy one right now cause they are all sold any way. Plus I want a black one. so the chances of just walking into a dealer and seeing a black one just sitting there is not very good. Probably a good thing for me anyway. I really dont need to upgrade. I mean to be honest the only reason I would upgrade is because of the fact that it is the fastest. Period. Again.. Im finding it hard to justify the purchase just for that reason. Plus I have always had a rule to never buy the first year of anything. Oh well. Im just glad that we have a new busa to claim the speed king title again.
beerchug.gif

Back