No particular subject

Projekt

Registered
rant.gif

I'm a revolutionary!!!

Just a few thoughts, independent ideas, accusations and tangental philosophy from a thinking man. Yes, I am a thinker and have always been one. I am that guy that used to zone out in the middle of algebra class and ponder the ins and outs of humanity, the world and our place in it.

Day after day, I would find myself checking out of the lesson only to form my own ideas and make discoveries that only deep, monotony stimulated thought could gestate. I don't know what it was about math that tuned me out to explore the far reaches of my internal universe. I suppose the letters and numbers being laid out on the transparency projector had some kind of hypnotic effect. Maybe, I was simply not stimulated by the teacher, not inspired to impress her or him (Mr. Shores SJHA circa 1992). Nonetheless, I did well in other subjects, accelling at Music, English, Biology, Economics, Social Studies, History.

This could be called rambling, I am fully aware of that. So be it. Some of you may even say something like, "This phucker's crazy!". That is the dismissive label put onto many thought provoking writings of various humans who have done a noteworthy thing. Something to make the paper or the evening news. Hey, so what, I am just another fella, swimming through life trying to make my mark.

I look at the state of world affairs and wonder why. All of this information overload has me very weary of the media. Not only are we bombarded with the daily spin of politically charged commentary. We are also hit with marketing on a scale that just makes me want to turn it all off and reset. Sure being an American has it's benefits, the opportunities for wealth in a capitalist system, freedom of expression, and religious freedom among others.

However, due to media bombardment we are programmed with what we need. Want=Need in America and we are sold on the idea. If you don't have money, you can still get wants in America. The better car, the bigger TV set, the cool designer labels. The Prada sunglasses, the imported loafers, the Swiss-self-winding-automatic-multifaceted-diamond-encrusted-multidialed-wristwatch, the Ford F350-superduty-quad-cab-powerstroke-diesel-lifted-4x4-duallie-with-a-jacuzzi just to drive to work. Buy what you want now and pay for it later. Unfortunately, for many people, this system does nothing more than to lead to economic slavery.  

Do you understand the fundamental depth of the term: Economic Slavery? It means that you no longer work to live a comfortable lifestyle, to bring home the bacon, to pay the electric bill, to clothe your loved ones and maybe go out for a drink and dinner once in a while. Rather, you must now work just to pay for sh!t you didn't need to buy, and odds are that you will have to make payments for years on all that sh!t you didn't need in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I have a liking for the finer things in life, I just don't like to pay for them.

So, the financial weight on your shoulders begins to drag on you and you inevitably end up stressed out keeping up the balancing act. Not progressing in life because you saddled yourself with too much. Too much debt to legitimately take a beach vacation far away to some exotic location like the North coast of Brazil or a pebbly beach in Montenegro. Too much debt to be able to take a few days off just because you feel like it. Too much debt to be able to take a sabbatical of six months to a year and find yourself. Too much debt to enjoy the thought of having a large family due to fear of paying for it all.

Personally, I don't want to work for 50 weeks or more a year doing 40 or more hours a week on top of the daily commute of several hours in order to pay for sh!t I don't need. I would rather do it like the Europeans and take a bunch of time off during the summer, and more during the year. They do it because they don't use credit as much as Americans. They drive smaller cheaper more efficient cars or motorcycles or just walk and take mass transit. Thus, having a lower financial liability for getting where they need to go. It all adds up to being able to take a longer vacation.

So what if our economy must remain the worlds strongest based on the 40 hour work week. We are already the worlds strongest economy by an unimaginable margin. When one state (California) has a larger economy than that of all but seven or eight countries in the world that should give you an idea of how big that margin really is.

Don't even get me started on politics.
rant.gif

umnik.gif

rant.gif

Are you trying to say you've maxed your credit card? :D KIddin. you KNOW I'm with ya 190% on this one. All you say is true, but people are PROGRAMMED into that way of life THINKING it's normal and desirable. Just leads to pain.

The thing that hit me in your ramblings was "RESET". Very good idea, much harder to implement for most folks in America. Being as you have reached that point of self examination, I totally believe you can succeed at it. I did take the path of less work by getting out of a high paying, high stressed, long hours job at a global dot com. Found a place that shuts off the lights at 5pm and goes home. it is SOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING NICE, you would not believe. Worth every penny I lost in pay cuts: I got my brain back, my attention span, my humor, my spirit, ...my LIFE back. NO MONEY was worth that loss.

Interesting about schooling too... all those classes... .like everyone is expected to pass equally through all of them.... then we would all be identicle - like clones. not gonna happen. we are all unique and individual and have varied strengths and weaknesses.

Now that I am disconnected from nearly all media, it's easy to see how it is overwhelming people. We don't NEED all the information on the world foisted upon us all the time. We don't need to do ANY MORE than our bodies are capable of.... TWO ears, TWO eyes.... not 400 and 1000 on digital media backup. The WORLD is making us all ADD. I won't stand for that. Sounds like you figured it out too projekt! Now run with it!

I'm working less, BY CHOICE, and living more, and enjoying it. Looking back.... my old life looks TOTALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL now. I was an idiot. There is life outside the box.

you might be interested in a work by some guy called "Status Anxiety" about how we live. I saw a PBS program on this and it was DEAD ON! I guess he has a book
http://www.amazon.com/Status-....&sr=8-1

this is not a topic many are comfortable with... pulling the carpet out from under everything they know.. but
finding this truth REALLY CAN set you free on many levels
something else I found goolging
http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-3893.html
not sure if I agree with this artcle yet, but at least someone is trying to help or fix this mess

I have in maxed them in the past but they're all paid back now.
I am working towards another goal now by doing this job out here in Iraq. I have a vision of my future and the quality of life and values I want to follow.
This is actually my first blog entry on Myspace so I thought I'd post it up here to get some views.
There is actually quite a bit of material like this in movies. Something like the concept in Fight club with the destruction of Credit Bureaus around the US.
I am not anti-capitalist simply anti-psycological marketing.

You have awakened.
smile.gif
Now, find some others and drag them kicking and screaming into the REAL reality

Well, to be honest, these thoughts have always been with me, just never laid them out onto paper.

I woke up a couple years back.. CRedit cards etc.. I still work day and nite pay'in crap off.. I hope to have it off me this year.. Stress , Bills and Loooong hours does have its effects... I just hope all awaken before its tooo late..

no one on their deathbed says, "If ONLY I could have spent more time at work!"
smile.gif

Back