Balloons

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Went to the first day of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this morning. Here are some pics.

--Wag--

Early morning ascension was incredibly awesome!

Fire_in_the_Sky_01.jpg

For all you who made that last one possible.

And that includes all y'all, Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, local police and fire, Coast Guard, FBI, etc. etc. We owe ya.

--Wag--

Marine_Dawg.jpg

Cool, I hear that is one of the biggest fesitvals in the country. One of my co-workers flies one.

As cool as the pictures are, being there in person is even more amazing.  There are hundreds of baloons taking off in waves on the field and you get to walk around them as they are doing it.  In 1987 I was going to UNM and went to the baloon fiesta.  It was really really cool!

As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words, but being there is worth a thousand pictures."

--Wag--

Most excellent. Thanks for taking the time to share.
thumb_up.gif

Hey Wag, heard there was some trouble with one of the baloons hitting a power line and the basket turning over sending one person to their death. Did you see powerlines close to this spot, or was somebody off course? That is a horrible way to go! RIP

A terrible way to go, indeed, but at least she wasn't sitting at her desk at a go-nowhere job when she got gunned down by some random mis-fit. That would be a tragedy.

As I see it, her final intentional adventure on this planet, with the greatest human gusto, was to launch herself into the atmosphere for a new perspective on the world.

She was living life as it should be lived.

Rest in peace.

Ahh yes the ballons me and the wife went when I was stationed up in Amarillo, TX it was very cool to see all the ballons take off. Thanks for sharing the memories wag.

Back