Man charged in wreck that killed

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Man charged in wreck that killed

An Oklahoma City man was charged Thursday with causing a fatal accident April 2 in the 4600 block of NW 10. Kenneth Wayne Lugrand, 44, allegedly failed to yield to oncoming traffic when he tried to turn off of NW 10, hitting a motorcycle driven by Carl Johnston and causing it to crash into another vehicle, according to court papers.

Johnston, 50, was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the accident.

Lugrand faces up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted in Oklahoma County District Court of a misdemeanor count of negligent homicide.

Why does it take so long to charge someone with something like that? I don't get it
sad.gif

And a year in jail and $1000 fine...big whoop
mad.gif

(VaBusa @ Oct. 05 2007,14:39) Why does it take so long to charge someone with something like that?  I don't get it  
sad.gif

mad.gif
+1 Some states have higher penalties for speeding
rock.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Oct. 05 2007,14:46)
(VaBusa @ Oct. 05 2007,14:39) Why does it take so long to charge someone with something like that? I don't get it
sad.gif

mad.gif
+1 Some states have higher penalties for speeding
rock.gif
Yeah, like MINE!
mad.gif

mad.gif

I hope the victim's family knows about the AMA's "and Justice for All" campaign - this is exactly the kind of thing they are trying to eliminate.

he11, if you have 4 adults in the vehicle with no seatbelts, you'll pay a bigger fine! (up to 300 a pop) and everyone lives to pay. that is rediculous that ending a life is a misdemeanor. priorities in the justice system I guess. better than the catch and release mentality for convicted r.s.o.'s. up to a year is better than nothing. I feel for the family .

Back