Job's in America

arey

Go Giants
Donating Member
Registered
Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6am . While his coffeepot ( MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor ( M ADE IN HONG KONG ). He put on a dress shirt ( MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans ( MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and ten n is shoes ( MADE IN KOREA ). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator ( MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch ( MADE IN TAIWAN ) to th e radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car ( MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN J OB At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia ), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals ( MADE IN BRAZIL ) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV ( MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA ....

the rest of the world better be DARN HAPPY that we buy so much stuff keeping them all financially afloat
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I'm done buying shid from China.

--Wag--

Please don't get me started! This is what happens when OUR leaders has never served a day in the MILITARY to see what people really think about US! If they really new they wouldn't serve the enemy, and Mexico to for that matter! Here's to are leaders!
beerchug.gif

I dont want to go off the deep end, but dont we all rely on each other for the world market to succeed? Yes, I agree, we should be making more products in the USA, we should bring back the manufacturing plants that relocated overseas. However, we will still have to rely on exports and imports to support our country, just as other countries do. Other countries have moved manufacturing plants to our soil as well, Honda for one, has plants in the USA. What is interesting, I believe Honda makes the gauges for Harley! We are all interconnected in one way or another. I dont have the answers, but that is just my observation.

You know what it might be.... growing pains. I just realized something about my own misconception:

We all grew up learning about the creation of our country which was long before world wide communications, and worldwide trade.... we all took pride in things made at home with our bare hands, but now the whole system is changing - because it can - and WE are ALL going through the growing pains of accepting change. It's not a bad thing, it WILL happen and we might as well accept it. It's just that it SEEMS bad when we compare it to the dated past when everything was made here because there was no realistic options. Now the options are realistic, and we fight against our own personal prejudiced training that tells us "OUR STUFF IS BETTER" when OBVIOUSLY it is not. We ALL partake of buying the at the cheapest price and it ends up being from China. We are ALL supporting this new change but in our minds, it is a bad thing. It's not. It's just how it's going right now where it never used to be in the past, because it couldn't.

Change is hard for humans, and we know it. Sometimes even recognizing it is difficult and hard to swallow.

100 years from now this won't matter and they'll have something new to complain about. Like why they melted the Eiffel Tower into cheap tourist collectors trinkets after it rusted and fell over, or something
smile.gif

In the mindless pursuit of worldwide "democracy", we sacrafice this country's resources and our future. Of course we're told it's all about stability and democracy, but it is really about dollar$. The business of America is business!

Wasnt America found for freedom? And we fought wars for freedom, We were taught that communism is a threat!! Yet we support the B******s. If we support them doesnt that make us what they are? China made the SKs's that killed our Nam vets and yet we support the china ecconomy? Its called selling ourselves out! SOLD

One way to look at it is that we're slowly converting China to a capitalist nation by involving them in business with us. People over there have seen the light and are making money hand over fist the capitalist way.

The solution to this is simple. Stop buying products not made here. But you'll find it's impossible because everyone shops with their pocketbook. Practically everything at Walmart is made outside the US, so stop shopping there. But people won't because it's cheap.

Why are the big 3 automakers in trouble? Because their cars suck compared to the foreign made competition. Would I buy American cars? No Way. I went to the dealer for my Chrysler van and told him I needed a part after 100k miles. His remark "That's all that's gone wrong? You should consider yourself lucky".

Ask people about a Honda, they'll say 200k miles, no problem.

rant.gif

Don't buy products from the Communist Chinese; they were in Korea and Vietnam killing our soldiers. The money they get from us builds their military machine
guns.gif

Subject: Globalization

Finally, here is a definition of globalization
I can understand and to which
I can relate:

Question: What is the truest definition of
Globalization?
Answer: Princess
Diana's death.
Question: How come?
Answer:
An English princess with
an Egyptian boyfriend
crashes in a French
tunnel, driving a
German car
with a Dutch engine,
driven by a Belgian
who was drunk
on Scottish whisky,
(check the bottle before you change the spelling),
followed closely by
Italia n Paparazzi,
on Japanese motorcycles;
treated by an American doctor, using
Brazilian medicines.
This is sent to you by
a citizen of the USA,
using Bill Gates's technology,
and you're probably reading this on your computer,
that uses Taiwanese
chips, and a
Korean monitor,
assembled by
in a Singapore plant,
transported by Indian
lorry-drivers,
hijacked by Indonesians,
unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen,
and trucked to you by illegal Mexicans.
That, my friends, is Globalization

SHOCKED.gif

Well since we're given stuff away to other countries, let's give the Native Americans their land back and see if you would like to move oversea's to China, Japan, Isreal, Iraq, etc Because that with out adoubt would be the only option some would have! Think about it! You have to take care of your own, 1st!

(Ride_or_Fish @ Oct. 03 2007,04:30) In the mindless pursuit of worldwide "democracy", we sacrafice this country's resources and our future. Of course we're told it's all about stability and democracy, but it is really about dollar$.  The business of America is business!
ROF....i never figured you for a radical outspoken outlaw!
biggrin.gif

where ya been bud?...good ta see ya post'in though.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

America bombed Japan twice in WWII, yet we all have Japanese motorcycles.
poke.gif

I make money no matter where the manufacturing plants are.

What happens when Americans can't afford all the stuff that is imported? The amount of imports slow, stores close, and we start manufacturing here again.

It's a big circle, it just may take awhile.

(kaosccw @ Oct. 04 2007,10:22) America bombed Japan twice in WWII, yet we all have Japanese motorcycles.  
poke.gif

I make money no matter where the manufacturing plants are.

What happens when Americans can't afford all the stuff that is imported? The amount of imports slow, stores close, and we start manufacturing here again.

It's a big circle, it just may take awhile.
You are so right! But have you seen the cost of Harleys and Victory motorcycles. Even the cars and trucsks made here are high as hell. I was at the getting the oil in the old honda changed and decided to walk over to the GM parking lot and saw some jaw dropping prices. $70+K for a DTS,Escalade. $40+k for Silverado trucks. What tha! What the hell are Porshes and Mercedes going for now! Caddy is know for losing value like a cancer patient losing weight.
eek2.gif

(Haya01B @ Oct. 05 2007,12:59) You are so right!  But have you seen the cost of Harleys and Victory motorcycles.
Even they're not 100% American anymore. Just look at who makes the carbs. and the electronics on them.

(kaosccw @ Oct. 05 2007,14:52)
(Haya01B @ Oct. 05 2007,12:59) You are so right! But have you seen the cost of Harleys and Victory motorcycles.
Even they're not 100% American anymore. Just look at who makes the carbs. and the electronics on them.
i know for a FACT the harleys are NOT all made here.. i built a bearing press for the new 08 softtail back in march this year .i had go up there to put in in the york PA. plant #3 the softtail plant why i was there for 2 weeks you would die now how much stuff was NOT made here in the us.i could not belive it . heck the lowest paying job there on the machine we and my helper put in was 22.5 /hr and it took 4 people to do a job that me and my helper done at your shop for run-off.

Back