Is your bike worth more than your car?

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
Had to ride the new to me 04 Busa to work today in the rain. The brake pedal on my POS 1996 Cavalier went all the way to the floor today. Its been a good car, has almost 300,000km (180,000 miles) on it. Original motor and clutch. I was looking today at the auto trader and the thing is probably only worth $1000 to $1500 certified if I am lucky. And it would need at least $750 work to get certified.

The new bike. Well, worth $9000 give or take up here in Canada.

I guess my priorities are in place.
jump9.gif

Yep I have an 96 Chevy S-10 and a 05LE Busa and the bike is worth more than the truck LOL!!! I just use the Truck on Rain days when I can't ride.

My 90 mustang convertible books at 5, the bike at around 9k. So I am in the same boat. Was thinking about selling the stang, I hate being broke.
firedevil.gif

Yup, same here too. The car doesn't owe me a dime but she's not gonna pass inspection next April either.... Both bikes are worth 5 times the car if you look at the book value but that car is worth a million bucks in sentimental value to me...

'95 GT Mustang convertible here...yep, pretty sure the Busa is worth a tad more than her, but they're both equally fun!
beerchug.gif

Nope my 2003 VW Eurovan book is near 21,000. The 2005 Cobalt is pretty new so I imagine its worth close to the same as the Hayabusa and the Volvo S70 GLS is probably worth less than the Hayabusa or close to the same value.

Nope! 98 Tahoe 4X4 with a 7.4l big block and more audio and video then most people have in their homes, Lets just say Progressive never wants me to tell them its totaled (agent will cry)

My winter beater is a '91 S-10 with 145,000 miles, rust holes in the floorboards and head gasket oil leak.  Yeah the Busa is worth more.  Probably several times more.  
Here's to priorities.  
beerchug.gif

Well it's close. I have a 2000 focus that's paid for and is worth about 4k, and a 2000 F350 Dually Diesel that's worth about 13k.

lurk.gif

yep
beerchug.gif

'97 Spyder GS-T to play in and an '87 Plymouth Sundance to drive to work...Lucy is worth more than both together i imagine...priorities are right side up
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I have a '98 Z28 with 156,000 miles on it which just MIGHT be worth as much as my Busa!

--Wag--

pretty sad... my 06 Suzuki Aerio car is worth less than my 05 busa!
wow.gif

well my 95 del sol si yes my 96 ext cab truck oh wait yes worth more than both but if you put them together maybe

I got the best one to tell.

My builder just completed my new garage for??? you guessed it, the Hayabusa! Well, I could squeeze a car in one side, if my new, soon to purchase, Handy lift will allow room. If it won't, then the car and pick-up stay outside. Gots to take care of my toys!

Garage_nearly_done_003.jpg

Back