Computer help please.

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
Ill try to make this as clear and simple as possible. I have a Samsung flat screen monitor about 6 months old along with a Gateway pc also about 6 months old. I installed a video card shortly after purchase (Nvidia 7800 I think). PC specs Im not sure as Im not home but the processor is high, alot of RAM (like 1000), 80 gig harddrive. I doubt it has anything to do with pc specs as I play high end games with no problems. Anyway, yesterday I started my pc and everything went normal but my Samsung flatscreen stayed black and a little white box appeared and said "no signal". I did have my speakers on and heard the startup, the "beep", and the Windows "tune" you hear upon startup. I wiggled the VGA cord, checked all my connections but nothing changes. I also grabbed another monitor from another pc, hooked it up to the integrated video card on the pc, and upon startup everything was fine. Any ideas as to what my problem might be??

Some thoughts: Is the Nvidia video card crashed? Could a Trojan clicker win32 virus cause a monitor problem? (I do have this on my pc) Could Anitvirus software cause a conflict?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

all_coholic.gif

LCD screen often limited to 75Hz. Your video card support up to 120Hz (or so) Connect another monitor to new video card and check your refresh rate in Hz.

and connect your LCD to integrated video card for test.

so far looks like your video card crapped out.

1.jpg

turn off your monitor with power button while monitor connected to Nvidia (new) card. turn it on and see if there any messages like out of range. Or call me for troubleshooting.

6 month monitor should be on warranty anyway but I highly doubt that monitor is defective.

If you need 19" new Dell just let me know. 50% off MSRP
wink.gif

yeah if you can READ a box that says "No Signal", it is working. I'm with VIC on proper settings. your second monitor probably accepts more rates

Back