Are you on the list?

kaosccw

Registered
The Harris poll released today surveyed around 2,700 people and asked: 'If you could live in or near any city in the country, which would it be?'

Here are the top vote getters:

1. New York City
2. San Diego
3. Seattle
4. San Francisco
5. Las Vegas
6. Orlando
7. Honolulu
8. Phoenix
9. Denver (Tied)
9. Los Angeles (Tied)
11. Chicago
12. Boston
13. Charlotte, NC
14. Portland, OR
15. Miami

super.gif

I'd say the whole thing is horribly flawed. Chances are New Yorkers got hold of it and they all voted often and early... No way that many people want to live in or around that damn place...

Ah well. As for me, Im near #3. It's ok as far as citys go, probably the prettiest city I've lived in or near. Denver used to be beautiful until the Whores hung a giant Q in the middle of downtown... I hate Quest with a passion because of that conceit.

But Tied with LA??? Denver??? Again results have to be screwed, I spent a few months in Irvine and can say without pause that SoCal is hype and group think gone horribly wrong.
SHOCKED.gif

Still surprised about #3 though, I didn't think that many people liked the rain, crackheads, and Ignorant Liberal spew.
super.gif

(WWJD @ Oct. 01 2007,16:32) Nowheresville, Wyoming please
My Number one Pick... But I'd say Nowheres Ville Washington, or Colorado. Wyoming is nice though...

Yeah... Check out the "Harris Poll" website. It's an online community... Means you actually have to register, and jump through there hoops to become eligible to answer their polls online.

So this explains the poll results. It's simply High concentrations of Internet literate busybodies. Folks who are convinced that they are clever and that their voices should be heard. Sounds a lot like our political parties. Anyhoo it explains the choices of major cities though. Notice that Atlanta isn't on there, and Miami only makes it barely. It's all about who has the highest numbers of educated and computer literate folks I suppose.

Well that and misguided romantic notions of NYC being somehow interesting or attractive.
SHOCKED.gif

What's your opinion? We'd like to know!

Become a member of the Harris Poll Online and you will have the opportunity to influence important decision makers in government, corporations, and non-profit organizations. You can help shape the policies, products, and services they offer you!

To show our thanks for your support and participation, you'll be enrolled in our appreciation program, Harris Poll Online Rewards, where you can redeem points for rewards that include a variety of merchandise and gift certificates. You can also participate in our sweepstakes for cash prizes!

Your responses to Harris Poll Online questions can make a difference![/Quote]

Freaking Busy bodies...

Not on the list, but I'll stick with Clarksville. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the country and the real estate values are blowing up.

Las Vegas? ................PLEASE!

This place sucks. I have lived here for a year and as soon as my new house is complete I am leaving this overpopulated, dirty, smoggy, dry, crime filled city!

Give a few acres in the country and I will be content.

(WWJD @ Oct. 01 2007,17:32) Nowheresville, Wyoming please
You should have came to the Meet & Greet this summer. I am pretty sure we went by there!
biggrin.gif

San Diego is nice. Mom lives there and my US mailing address is there. It is better near the beach and beautiful in La Hoya.

Seattle is one of the nicest places in the world during the summer, and wet and miserable the other 9 months of the year.

My town not on the list. I can see why Seattle is #3. I like Denver too, but moved to the rainy area to get away from the snow. I think the Sacromento area wouldn't be bad if it wasn't in Cali.

Back