A motoGP walk down memory lane

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
circa 10-17-2004? Philip Island. One of the defining, legendary moments between Rossi and rival Sete Gibernau.

Last edited by a moderator:
or the classic battle at Jerez 2005!!
beerchug.gif
firedevil.gif

How about a very pissed off Gibernau, and a comedic Valentino Rossi?

Then Rossi put the smack down on Giberneau with the CURSE....

and Giberneau never won another race
SHOCKED.gif
Lookout Stoney
firedevil.gif

I just started watching GP towards the end of last year so I'm sorta out of the loop. <s>Why was Giberneau upset and</s> what the story with the curse?

*EDIT* Nevermind. I just watched the second clip. I'm assuming that's why he was ticked.

Still, what's the deal on the curse?

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 01 2007,04:17) How about a very pissed off Gibernau, and a comedic Valentino Rossi?

That frog definitely had his panties in a twist...
laugh.gif

(NightCrawler @ Oct. 02 2007,00:11) Still, what's the deal on the curse?
Well first off, Rossi is probably the greatest motorcycle rider ever.

His firstmain rival was Max Biaggi. Rossi basically destroyed him. Biaggi rides in WSBK now, but might come back to MotoGP someday...

Then Giberneau came along. After some words between Gib and Rossi, Rossi was pissed off at Gib and publically said Giberneau will never win another race.

As Giberneau continued to fail to win a races, the media started calling it Rossi's curse since Giberneau never won again. Now Gib is retired....

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 03 2007,05:07) Then Giberneau came along.  After some words between Gib and Rossi, Rossi was pissed off at Gib and publically said Giberneau will never win another race.

As Giberneau continued to fail to win a races, the media started calling it Rossi's curse since Giberneau never won again.  Now Gib is retired....
+1

Don't forget the MAIN REASON FOR THE CURSE! Giber accused Rossi's team of laying rubber down on the starting grid using a pit scooter (for more traction off the start) at Qatar. Gib ratted Rossi out to the FIM and Rossi lost a bunch of points and was penalized for a back of the grid start. Rossi was pissed and vowed that Gibernau (who won that Qatar race) would never win another race as long as Rossi was around.

so those clips you see of Rossi gettting in pretty heated races with Gibernau is a result of that.

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 02 2007,14:55) Then Rossi put the smack down on Giberneau with the CURSE....

and Giberneau never won another race  
SHOCKED.gif
   Lookout Stoney    
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

More like lookout Bluehaya
laugh.gif

firedevil.gif

Back