New champ

ike

Registered
I'd like to congratulate The new Undisputed Middle weight champ of the world Kelly (The Ghost) Pavlik from Youngstown OHIO. Did anyone else see him knock out Jermain Taylor last night?

i caught the very end when they were showing the replay of it last night while i was dj'n at the bar. the place went nutz!!

Uh, I caught it. Jermaine f-ed it off. He should have finished him after the knockdown.

In short, he ended up getting knocked the fugg out!!

Dude did his thing, and its good he did, cause the judges had him behind.

Good fight, especially considering that Pavlick got nocked down earlier in the fight...

What a fight! I thought Kelly was finished after that knock-down. It just takes soooo much energy to recover. Jermaine seemed a little too excited and, like he said in the locker room, he threw some wild punches instead of staying calm and finishing the job. Contrast that with the way Kelly smothered him in the 7th round when he "smelled blood in the water". Kelly is a finisher; he has those killer instincts without losing focus.

What really surprised me was that Jermaine fought really well with his back against the ropes and that Kelly jabbed and boxed really well in the middle of the ring. Jermaine's flourishes were impressive for the few seconds that they lasted, but the unrelenting onslaught of Kelly's laser-guided jabs were too much. When Kelly found the range on that jab, feeling it out in round three and nailing it in round 4, Jermaine stopped trying to hide behind his left shoulder as he had done in rounds 1-3. Once he squared up, he just made a bigger target for Kelly's rights. The jab made that difference.

Both fighter's showed heart. Both were gracious in defeat and victory. I'm glad Jermaine turned off his pre-fight race-baiting. The rematch should be even BETTER!
lurk.gif

Back