Dynojet quickshifter

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I am doing a 1397 build this winter. I am considering the quickshifter package as part of the upgrades.

What experience do you guys have? Is it worth the money? My bike will never see the drag strip. I ride the mountains here and some speed blasts on the interstate.

Don

No one has any opinions on this?
wow.gif

What are you expecting out of it? All it will do is provide a kill during shifting. This will keep you from using the clutch on the upshift on acceleration. You can either use the button version or the sensor rod version. It will not make the shift for you.

The rod sensor makes the most sense in your application. But @ $250-275, if you are not racing it, I don’t see the value for you.

If I remember correctly there was one in the for sale section that was fairly cheap. Might be worth try if you think you really want it. If you don’t like it should b able to get more of your money back out of than buying new.

Rick,
Thanks for the input. I was wondering if this is safer way to shift w/o the clutch (less wear and tear on the tranny). Most of us shift that way anway.

Don

I know many roadracers who use it as well. Any less stress on the forks while shifting is good. It gets my vote for a worthwhile mod.

I use the BPD shifter, a stand alone quickshifter.....in a word...AWSOME.

Riding at a brisk pace in the mountains or a track day, with full throttle clutchless upshifts, my bike sounds like an automatic.

(vman1300 @ Sep. 30 2007,13:35) I use the BPD shifter, a stand alone quickshifter.....in a word...AWSOME.

Riding at a brisk pace in the mountains or a track day, with full throttle clutchless upshifts, my bike sounds like an automatic.
Vman,

Link to that thing.

Don

(USN05LE @ Sep. 30 2007,14:42)
(vman1300 @ Sep. 30 2007,13:35) I use the BPD shifter, a stand alone quickshifter.....in a word...AWSOME.

Vman,

Link to that thing.

Don
Here is a link sir:

BPD Shifter

I am not endorcing or recomending you get it from here, it will just tell you a bit about the shifter.

I got mine from Lee's in Charlotte.

Back