Windows Vista

NoFearSpear

Stop Looking!
Donating Member
Registered
Got my wife a new laptop and the wife hates windows vista,wont work with some sites she needs for work and wants to change to windows 2000,,Windows vista stops the install of windows 2000,,any way around this?Is it something i can do myself or do i need to wait till i go back to work next week and have one of the IT guys do it?
mad.gif

I never installed 2000 personally, but I know with XP in order to get the install right (fresh/clean install), you want to boot up the PC with the CD in the drive and go from there. You don't want to have XP running and then pop the CD in, the end result is not the same from what i have seen.

Maybe that will help?

you may have to wipe out the Hard Drive to get rid of the partitions for vista so 2000's will install. Also are you going to do the ride with BusaWhipped to Austin this Saturday?

(rubber2burn @ Sep. 28 2007,06:40) you may have to wipe out the Hard Drive to get rid of the partitions for vista so 2000's will install.  Also are you going to do the ride with BusaWhipped to Austin this Saturday?
How do i do that?Could always put in the restore disk if i mess it up,lol.
wow.gif

if you don't have the software to take out the partitions you may have to take it to your IT BUBBA at work I know he has it for sure.

Win2K is good, but doesn't maximize performance of your computer or keep it safe. I agree Vista is crap, usually every new Windows operating system has flaws until the 2nd service pack comes out. Vista Ultimate is the best way to go if you know what you're doing. I would recommend WinXP Pro, especially if you have a 64bit processor or dual core. You need to do a clean install...boot the computer from the CD-ROM and install through DOS. Make sure all your drivers on your computers are up-to-date and none of them are Vista specific. Install all updates from Microsoft's wesbite. Let me know if you need any help...

Back