i give up!!!

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
i hope i have calmed down enough to be able to vent a little without sounding all "poor me" because that is not how i feel...i guess sometimes things are just not meant to be...that is hard to swallow at times, especially in the heat of the moment, but i am trying to remember that all things work together for a purpose whether i realize it and can see it or not

i REALLY wanted to go to the Fall Bash but there have been nothing but obstacles ever since we first started planning...i kept butting my head against the wall and moving forward...finalized the plans last week to ride to Louisville with stlbusarider and meet DR1300R and boguslogon and all ride together to Robbinsville

the last day and a half, i have been rushing around getting everything finished up and ready to go...got a new front tire in and had it installed along with new brake pads...my new Ventura system even came in today so i was ready to roll...i went out this evening to install it and spun the rear wheel (up on the chock) to check the chain since i had just adjusted and lubed it...as the wheel rotated, i saw a flash and my heart just sunk...i already knew what it was as it was my third nail in a tire this year
mad.gif

i double checked and sure enough, my plans are squashed by a little piece of metal...the tire was still hard but when i grabbed the nail with pliers and wiggled it, i could hear air escaping so i knew it went all the way through
sad.gif

i hate that i am not going to sit around the fire with everyone and ride those wonderful roads again this year...i will be there next spring!!!  everyone please wear your gear, ride your own ride, and take plenty of pics for us saps sitting at home
beerchug.gif

IMG_1324__Medium_.JPG

I used this kit successfully twice on a rear nail and rode the bike until I needed a new tire w/o losing any air. Its the plug/strip that makes a difference in this kit. Its fat and sticky and really works. The CO2 gun is great too. You can probably find them cheaper. I think I paid around $39 at a local shop.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/escape....03.html

Plug it and go. Just take it easy on the twisties and you'll be just fine.

--Wag--

plug that fugger and RIDE!!!!! once u get to robbinsville, head over to Wheelers and snag ya a new tire. thats what i would do anyways....

Dayum, Colen! I told you to stop using those magnets as weights!!!
tounge.gif

That sux, Bro! Hopefully you can find a shop that can plug it for ya.

Semi.  Head over to my place and get the set of Pilot Races mounted up in my garage. You'll like them better in the draon anyway
smile.gif
 Wifey is in STL today and tomorrow.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 27 2007,06:10) Semi.  Head over to my place and get the set of Pilot Races mounted up in my garage.  You'll like them better in the draon anyway
smile.gif
OH Damn there you go good look'n out BusaWhipped
beerchug.gif
super.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 27 2007,09:10) Semi.  Head over to my place and get the set of Pilot Races mounted up in my garage.  You'll like them better in the draon anyway
smile.gif
Problem solved!!!! Busawhipped, you da' man!!!!!
super.gif

Have it plugged and go my friend. Just be sure they use one that goes in from the inside of the tire.

I have rode the Gap HARD on a plugged rear many times.

plug it up, every time I get a new tire there is a nail in it right away. I was told the plug is a temporary fix and not suppose to go over 80k blah blah blah. It held for 5,000k at 270kph before I wore the tire to the cords... God damn nails
guns.gif

here in the 3d world there are lots of **** laying around so a puncture a week is not rare.i keep i repairkit with those small nitrious bottles under the seat and it really works like a dream.that tyre of yours doesnt look good for another 1500 kliks though.

Take BusaWhipped up on a super offer! Don't miss the trip, Colen...I live through your experiences  
laugh.gif

Colin, if money is the holdup dont let it be...... You find a place to get a tire and I will cover it !! You are one of those guys that makes all the events and brings a lot to the group.... The offer is out there if you want it... You just need to tell me where to send the money to.

CAp

wow, make that 2 SUPER GENEROUS offers!!! Colin, u are destined to make the bash bro, so saddle up and hit the road!!!!!!

Wow, looks like semi's going to the Bash
super.gif

Gang here is just too much...simply the best
smile.gif

Back