Dropped My ST1300 Today

Big Red

Donating Member
Registered
I made a left turn into a KFC drive trrough and as I was entering the grounds a bit-h in a small foriegn car pulls right in to my lane and path. I was still riding in a curve when I saw her. I had no options except hit the binders. I went down like a new rider, inches from her car. I get up and stand the bike up and I look at her and she laughs and takes off. That pissed me off but I got her license plate number(TX 680JSW).I reported it to the police but there is nothing they can do. Luckily I only substained some ankle pain and a skinnned up pannier and crash bar.What pissed me off was her cavalier attitude about the whole thing. I need some satisfaction; any ideas?

guns.gif

Just throwin this out there... if you have the plate #, I believe the dmv will give you the address for a small fee.

(bitabur @ Sep. 26 2007,02:32) Just throwin this out there... if you have the plate #, I believe the dmv will give you the address for a small fee.
and I'll pay the "small fee" for ya Brah.....anything for another H.O.G. member........
cool.gif

I'd talk to a lawer, depending on your state laws she might be responsible for causing an accident without even touching you and/or leaving the scene of an accident.

(needlepimp @ Sep. 26 2007,04:52) I'd talk to a lawer, depending on your state laws she might be responsible for causing an accident without even touching you and/or  leaving the scene of an accident.
Exactly...
You could file a civil claim against her... Something like a warrant in debt (in Virginia). All you'd have to do is go down to the county courthouse after getting her details via the license plate. Then send her a certified letter with a notice to appear at the Court and amount due based on damage to the bike and yourself with supporting documentation.
Talk to a lawyer about it. You could get a referral through your state's bar association for a minimal cost.

Makes you wanna throw a brick through her windshield don't it?

too bad you couldn't get some witnesses together. She did leave the scene. Maybe post some notices at the scene and someone will come forward. Worked for my sister a few years back.
The brick idea is probably the only restitution you'll get.

That sucks bro. I dont understand about insurance and how that all works, but if I drop my bike trying to avoid another car, its on me and counts. If I hit the car I am trying to avoid, then it does not count against me. I am covered either way, but if I miss the car and go down, my rates go up.
firedevil.gif

Go after her. When I 1st went down on a 84 Honda V30 Magna, it was a case exactly like yours. His insurance company paid no problem. That was in Hawaii bout 1988.

Prosecute this ... she's at fault and left the scene of an accident !

Thanks for the input guys. Unless she fesses up that she left the scene of the accident, it is her word against mine! I am glad I wasn't on the Busa!

Back