DHOOM!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
finally got a copy of DHOOM on DVD to embellish my collection of cycle movies - both good and bad. hey, if it's a movie about 2 wheels... I'd rather turn that on than watching dead people being gutted on CSI!

DHOOM is interesting mix of: Biker Boyz, Torque, MTV, Mouline Rouge - yes there are 3 or 4 singing dancing sections, bellydancing, xXx, Mission Impossible, The Matrix, Fast and Furious, and many more, all filmed with the fast cut, some speed up walking parts to keep the pace fast, some comedy.... but, although somewhat predictable, I thought the plot had some decent twists in it.

Things I learned while watching DHOOM:

1. Doing 200 kph in India, on Suzuki Bandits, on public roads, with no helmet on, is easy but the police in tiny 3 cylinder vans will easily keep pace.

2. Roads in India Suck. Very bumpy looking

3. don't accidently bump in to ruff looking doods in the Bumbia criminal market, or they might leave and return later with the large knives they forgot to pack that morning

4. India girls can be every bit as hot as the Americans the immitate.

5. Every small Honda car is considered the Uber Sport car

6. Even nerds can be tuff guys

7. I used to enjoy most international music, but now India's hip music is much higher on that list.

8. Bollywood can rock just as hard as the crap WE produce, and on some levels, it's much better. But they will remain scoffed at just because they immatate our productions.... funny, but we imitate our OWN productions by churning out the same old crap every year and no one cares?
biggrin.gif

9. India girls like to tease. A LOT!

9.5 DHOOM did well enough to birth a sequal: DHOOM2
[review coming soon]

10. The HAYABUSA is THE most respected, and well known bike anywhere on this planet!

Overall, I accepted the movie for what it was, and throughly enjoyed it. It was bikes, LOTS of decent action - most was done with real stunts too, not all the fake computer crap - it was fun entertainment, and that's all I was expecting. Don't go to your local Blockbuster to rent it , since it is a foriegn film might be hard to find. But if you find it, it is worth the watch if not for the sake of India relations, just because the Hayabusa is the lead bad guys ride and gets lots of screen time. BTW it's in original language - so you have to READ the english parts kinda fast. And the translation is probably not perfect.

Bad Guy
dhoom_series_1.jpg

good guy - good guy - bad guy. oh, they have names?
dhoom8P.jpg

Ok, ok, I'll pull a few screen shots of the REAL star. But only because you asked so nicely. Whiners. Gimme a sec... jeeesH!....

rolling into the back of a moving semi truck. Man, I ALWAYS wanted to try that!

escape.jpg

So there ya go. Now you don't even have to rent it. The cycle chases were decent enough and worth the price I paid to get the movie smuggled into the USA

done.jpg

(WWJD @ Sep. 24 2007,20:16) 4.  India girls can be every bit as hot as the Americans the immitate.
Amen to that! Thats why I married one. Its a trip, when we get mad at each other she yells in her language and I yell back in spanish! Didnt work to good when I told her to shut up and go make me a slurpee!

(PUNN1025 @ Sep. 25 2007,08:22)
(WWJD @ Sep. 24 2007,20:16) 4. India girls can be every bit as hot as the Americans the immitate.
Amen to that! Thats why I married one. Its a trip, when we get mad at each other she yells in her language and I yell back in spanish! Didnt work to good when I told her to shut up and go make me a slurpee!
BAHAHAHAHAAA hilarious!!
biggrin.gif

Back