Why this site means so much to me

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
There is something that I have heard about the oRg over the years and that is that this place acts like family. I have been on the receiving end of the good nature of folks from all over and I try to give back more than I receive... I see most of the threads on the board and have noticed a few trends I want to share with you. Over the past several months we have consistently seen post about members that have gone down and either been injured or killed, myself included. I have also noticed that there seems to be a lot of open request for members of this site asking for specific prayer request of the other members.

While I have never claimed to be a great religious man I do believe in the power of prayer. I read the Bash thread earlier and I think that with all of the accidents we have seen and many of the members getting together we owe it to our friends to keep this event in mind. I will personally say a prayer tonight for those going to the bash and ask that God keep you all safe and protected from all of the dangers we know to be out there. I dont expect anyone to respond to this message I just hope that it will be a reminder that there is no better way to show that you care for someone than to pray for them.....

What a great place that we have here where we can actually ask others to pray for us.

If your not a believer then please just walk away from the keyboard and don't respond to this thread... Since you dont believe you won't be offended if I pray for you too
ices_rofl.gif

Thanks to you all for making this place what it is.....

cAp

That means alot Cap. Never hurts to have some xtra help. Too bad you won't be making it this year I was looking forward to meeting you, maybe next time.
beerchug.gif
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
super.gif

Always a pleasure Doug,thanks for a nice site to exchange info and meet new,cool people who love this Awesome bike.
beerchug.gif

I'm not a believer, Cap. Still, I believe that sending out the good thoughts of genuine love and camaraderie (Sp?) are just as beneficial.

I'll support your intent the way I believe, too.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the post, man.

--Wag--

As I do every night, I will again tonight. A prayer for our brothers and sisters in harms way. A prayer for our brothers and sisters on the road, and a prayer for our families.

Mathew 21:22
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall recieve."

God Bless

Cap, again i will offer my thanks to you, for having such a cool site that everyone is willing to give a hand! It been my personal experience over the last couple of years of peoples willingness to come to the aid of others! Some people have come and gone, for whatever reason, but thats just life! They know that if they want to come back, im sure there welcome!
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

this place keeps me sane
crazy.gif
and the people are kool
super.gif

and amen, may we all arrive home safely from our rides.

This is truly a great community you have created Cap. I have met so many great people and now have some really close friends. Its great to know that your cared about. Thanks.
smile.gif

Well Said CAP. I PRAY that I can meet you one day. Unfortunetly I am on the other side of the United States. God Bless..........

" Just when you think you Know God. He Knows YOU "
smile.gif

Man to be honest with you this site, this org. sticks together better than the Democrats and the Republicans. Keep up the good work and the GOOD prayers! Outstanding leadership qualities you have, there Cap! Continue to keep the troops inline.
super.gif

I have witnessed 1st hand what the .oRg means, FAMILY is an understatement. With all that is going on, people still have time to drop an email or phone call just to say hello and ask how I am doing....

I am blown away by the generosity of the members here, going over and beyond the call of duty to help others in need. You dont see that too often...

This place is family. everytime I meet other members from the org just for a ride or to hang out (most recently Miller Motorsports Park), everyone treats you like family and with respect. It's like I've known the members of the org all my life. I support you Cap in whatever you decide to do.

as a newbie here I do a lot of lurking. I am in 4-5 car clubs and racing clubs and no forum is like this one. To see the prayers sent out and people sending a downed rider parts and money to get them back on their feet is amazing!! On my car clubs if someone's crashes the other memeber are trying to get them to part out their car rather than helping them out. this is a very cool bunch of guys, I just wish I lived a little closer so I could make it to a meet. keep er rubberside down and thanks for giving me a place to hang out.
beerchug.gif

Back