MSF CARD I need someones help

badazzbusaboy

Registered
I need someone’s help I am in the military and I took the Motorcycle safety foundation course almost four years ago and due to all my PCS etc I can’t find my MSF completion card. I called the place where I took it and they don’t keep records and the MSF foundation told me they do not keep track of the records to how many places offer the card. well that’s fine most of you are probably thinking take it again, Well there is one problem I laid my bike down the other day Minor damage just some road rash on my arm etc. but I had to fill out an incident report when I went to the clinic to have them clean it and the incident report came back as no MSF on file so now I have an article 15 pending against me. They have giving me until Wednesday to produce my card I have looked everywhere and cant find it.. And if anyone knows the military this is like a career killer I’m in the Air force they want to take a strip and fine me half of my pay for 2 months. I will take the course again whatever I don’t care what it takes I just need a copy of the card so I can prove to them that I took it... PLEASE HELP ME IM DESPERTATE

Do you have a Base vehicle sticker issued for it? It is an requirement for the Security Police to see the sticker before it is issued. Did you take it on an Air Force site location or at a private site. Who paid for it. Any record of payment.

Did you take advantage of the issurance discounts? You agent should have made a copy. Documentation showing the discount on your insurance could help prvoe your case.

If you took it at an Air Force site location, they should bear some of the burden of documentation.

Get a letter from the site saying they do not keep records (Which is pitiful) , If it was an AF location, get the Safety officer involved asking for documentation. Establish the lack of record keeping and get that changed.

That is correct, MSF does not keep individual records.

Do as much work documenting the sticker, insurance, etc and present that info. Also enroll in a MSF ERC (experienced rider course) prior to your meeting and tell them you feel you need a refresher under the circumstances.

If you put the effort in it and have a good previous history, I can not see them taking such harsh action.

(Professor @ Sep. 24 2007,11:57) Do you have a Base vehicle sticker issued for it? It is an requirement for the Security Police to see the sticker before it is issued. Did you take it on an Air Force site location or at a private site. Who paid for it. Any record of payment.

Did you take advantage of the issurance discounts? You agent should have made a copy. Documentation showing the discount on your insurance could help prvoe your case.

If you took it at an Air Force site location, they should bear some of the burden of documentation.

Get a letter from the site saying they do not keep records (Which is pitiful) , If it was an AF location, get the Safety officer involved asking for documentation. Establish the lack of record keeping and get that changed.

That is correct, MSF does not keep individual records.

Do as much work documenting the sticker, insurance, etc and present that info. Also enroll in a MSF ERC (experienced rider course) prior to your meeting and tell them you feel you need a refresher under the circumstances.

If you put the effort in it and have a good previous history, I can not see them taking such harsh action.
The Professor is right. When I teach on base I tell everyone to have a copy entered in to their service record books as well.

I just called the MSF for a copy of my wifes
card here in Cali. They had it on record and
faxed it to me within 10 minutes.......

(hayadooin @ Sep. 24 2007,12:35) I just called the MSF for a copy of my wifes
Who did you call?

(hayadooin @ Sep. 24 2007,14:35) I just called the MSF for a copy of my wifes
That is only because MSF actually owns/manages the California state program.

In most other states the training sites are independant of MSF hands on managment.

Ya, your insurance should be able to send you a copy. That's how I got mine when I changed insurance carriers.

Man I took the course when I was 16 before I joined the military.it was through a private sector and I called them and they only keep the records for 2 years due to how many people take the course. I am also at one of the few bases in the Air Force that doesn't require the DD Form 2220 anymore due to the fact that we do 100% Id checks at the gate and do not even use the stickers anymore the whole air force is changing to this concept due to saving money on the 2220. and I just bought a new bike. I am enrolled in the experienced rider class and am scheduled to take it this weekend but they said that doesn't prove I had a MSF card in my possession.. I have added my insurance documentation to my rebuttal for consideration but they don't have the copy of the MSF card only that I am receiving the discount due to the fact I signed with progressive over the Internet and they never asked for the card. Trust me I am trying everything I have no negative records in My PIF (personal information file) And no UIF ( unfavorable information file) has ever been established I just have two certain individuals who do not like me pushing this thing to the extreme and my leadership say they are kinda backed into a corner. also my state does not require a endorsement on my DL for 21 and up so thats out..
any other ideas I need a fresh mind looking at this My leadership just told me to do whatever it takes before weds. any other ideas I have not thought of?
rock.gif
??

Doesn't the MSF Card have your name on it? If it doesn't I can locate my personal 1/2 of the certificate and mail or email/fax it to you?

In the state of VA, if you pass the MSF course, you waive the driving test at the DMV...I'm sure that's still on my record...

Did you do the same for your M endorsement when you got your license? Think the DMV would have proof of that? Just an idea...I can't think of anything else at the moment
sad.gif

(badazzbusaboy @ Sep. 24 2007,14:43) also my state does not require a endorsement on my DL for 21 and up so thats out..
All 50 states require a motorcycle endorsement.

What state was your license issued from?

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 24 2007,12:39)
Who did you call?
I got the number from the MSF web site
and went from from there.... It took me a couple of calls
but the end result was good.........

did you call 949-727-3227 they told me at that number that they do not keep a record of who takes the course especially for how long ago it was and due to how many instrictors theyhave throughout the US that i needed to call the person who I took it form and I did that and that was a dead end to.. What number did you call.. maybe I can try that

(hayadooin @ Sep. 24 2007,13:05)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 24 2007,12:39)
Who did you call?
I got the number from the MSF web site
and went from from there....  It took me a couple of calls
but the end result was good.........
I meant where did she take the course

She took it at Valley College in Van Nuys Ca.

I called this # 1-877-743-3411 now this # is for California........

(badazzbusaboy @ Sep. 24 2007,14:58) not mine dl in Kansas

http://www.msf-usa.org/Downloads/2002%20CSI%20Licensing.pdf
I hate to tell you this, but if you don't have a M endorsement on your license, you are not licensed to ride a motorcycle.  All 50 US states require an motorcycle license/endorsement.

From the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.  

Section 4. Licensing

Overview

All 50 States and the District of Columbia require motorcyclists to obtain a motorcycle operator license or endorsement before they ride on public highways.

Here is a link to the site

Here is another.
Link

You can also call 785-296-3963 (Kansas Division of  Motor Vehicle - Drivers License) and they will verify it.

hey thanks the lady at the dmv didnt know what she was talking about then.. well thats one more thing they can nail me with.. I will take care of it soon as I get my MSF card thanks for the insight

Back