Went from cool to DOH!! in 5 sec.

Cerberus

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I wanted to share a little story with everyone.    Yesterday, I went out riding solo as usual around the national forest area I had stopped at a corner store to get something to drink.  There were 3 other riders there, one with a M109R, one with a Shadow, and one with a VTX I think.  They asked how I was doing I replied fine and began to engage in the typical banter of riders out taking a break.  After about 15 minutes of talking I notice a nice looking petit woman walking in to the store.  She looked over at me, I was leaning on my beautiful black ‘Busa, and gave me a very nice smile.  I smiled  
smile.gif
 back and continued the conversation with the other riders.  About this time, we all decided we needed to get going, so we started gearing up to leave.  I was the first one leaving.  I backed the ‘Busa up and got pointed the direction I needed to go when the before mentioned pretty woman walked out of the store and was walking across my path.  I of course wait on her being the gentleman I am.  She smiles again at me and this time give me a wave.  I wave back.  I was smiling but she wouldn’t know being my full-face helmet with mirrored visor
cool.gif
.  After she was past I started to take off.  That is when my beautiful ‘Busa does it!!!!  She stalled as I was taking off
wow.gif
.  I went from feeling kind of good from the little ego stroke that cute woman gave me with a smile and a wave, to feeling like a complete idiot  
crazy.gif
.  I immediately grab the clutch and hit the starter button to try and recover a little and she won’t start.  The starter cranked for about 5 seconds before she fired, just enough time for everyone, including the cute woman, to look at me to see what was wrong.  I popped the throttle a couple of times and left as quickly as I could.  Later, after I got home I was talking about my experience at the corner store with my wife. She laughed at me.  I said it is almost like the ‘Busa, who my wife referees to as the “Mistress†have come to an understanding.  She looked me straight and said, “Just because you’re riding alone, don’t think that you’re really alone…
firedevil.gif
â€

I hope this provides someone with a laugh.  I know I can’t help but laugh at myself, just sometimes, I whish it wasn't so easy for me to find reasons to laugh at my self.

all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

Could of been worse. You could of dumped it trying to take off at a medium pace. (I almost pulled that off).

jump9.gif

I had my Busa for a about a week and pulled up to a light next to a real hottie that looked over...I was joking to myself, thinking..."look at the babe...checking out Da BUSA
super.gif
"

Light turned green and doink...I stalled the unstallable torque machine...DOH!

You are not alone
smileyexhibit.gif

(BowDown @ Sep. 24 2007,14:44) Could of been worse. You could of dumped it trying to take off at a medium pace.
I was expecting to hear you dumped the bike.

I guess she wasn't THAT hot.

That wasn't tooooo bad... I was waiting for the I dumped my bike story.... or let go the clutch and flipped it....
all_coholic.gif

There is something to this story, a Busa will stall at the WORST possible moment every time....

Typically is preceded by that "Man do I look cool" thing haha... (must be a karma thing)

Everyone is right, could of been worse, I could of dumped it, thank god I didn't. It is just that the entire time I have had it, I have never stalled it once. Granted I have only had it about 3 and a half months and only loged 2500 miles but still. Stalling it is something you expect to happen the first coulple of weeks. Oh well, at least it doesn't seem like I'm alone in making this rookie mistake.

I dumped my '93 GSXR 1100 at a gas station in front of 2 hot college age ladies. These things always happen at the most inopportune times. Does your wife have a long lost sister? Her reply is exactly what my wife would have and has said.

I don't let my wife and my Busa talk. I'd get in trouble.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Back