Discussions with my Harley Rider

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Last night...

Mike: "Hey, remember that guy I work with that hit a tree on the way home from work?"

Me: "yep...he okay?"

Mike: "He's still in the hospital; it's been 6 weeks!"

Me: "We've had a lot go down on the board...it's been a rough riding year..." I trail off because I'm interrupted...

Mike: "Hey, whenever you're ready to sell, I'm in. We can lose the $300/month HD payment, put the $ toward building a garage...blah blah blah"

Me:
eek2.gif

Mike: "I mean it. If you want to sell, let's do it."

Me: *think fast* *what do I say?!*
"No, I don't want to sell...I'd miss my bike too much."

Mike: blah blah blah "...just let me know when..." blah blah blah "...sell the bikes..." blah blah blah

WTF?! *sigh*

He's been hinting around with me for months, but last night he was ready to hand the keys over...

FOR SALE: 2003 HD Road King...hubby optional...
wink.gif

NOT FOR SALE: Caesar, my only sanity at times...
laugh.gif

HELP!

Now I know how husbands feel
argue.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

He's just trying to bring you back to reality. Sale the HD and buy him an '08 Busa
SHOCKED.gif

That's interesting.... Just last night my spouse also suggested I sell my Harley because I now need a new car but don't have the money for a car payment. Fortunately (for him) one sideways look was all it took for him to be quiet and not bring the subject up again....

(dadofthree @ Sep. 18 2007,14:32) He's just trying to bring you back to reality. Sale the HD and buy him an '08 Busa
SHOCKED.gif
He'd be dead...even he admits he could never behave on a Busa...

Sounds to me like he's done riding...
sad.gif

(LCB @ Sep. 18 2007,14:34) That's interesting.... Just last night my spouse also suggested I sell my Harley because I now need a new car but don't have the money for a car payment. Fortunately (for him) one sideways look was all it took for him to be quiet and not bring the subject up again....
Promise to master this "sideways glare" you reference for future use
laugh.gif

I don't think he'll get it though...
wink.gif

(LCB @ Sep. 18 2007,14:34) That's interesting.... Just last night my spouse also suggested I sell my Harley because I now need a new car but don't have the money for a car payment. Fortunately (for him) one sideways look was all it took for him to be quiet and not bring the subject up again....
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

sale the HD
tounge.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

(VaBusa @ Sep. 18 2007,14:38)
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Oh yeah, we all get it or we don't
wink.gif
laugh.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Sep. 18 2007,14:40)
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Oh yeah, we all get it or we don't
wink.gif
laugh.gif
I think dadofthree's posting from his bathroom again!
laugh.gif

NEXT!

wink.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(LCB @ Sep. 18 2007,14:34) That's interesting.... Just last night my spouse also suggested I sell my Harley because I now need a new car but don't have the money for a car payment.  Fortunately (for him) one sideways look was all it took for him to be quiet and not bring the subject up again....
laugh.gif

wink.gif
No, not a glare - A "look".... there's a big difference. It helps that I don't have payments on either bike. Just because he HAD 3 bikes and sold 2 doesn't mean I have to follow his lead... Heck, I'd have 2 more if I had the room. There is the problem with the car though - gotta work on that...

Are you sure that its not maybe a "phase" he is going through. Give him some time.

(LCB @ Sep. 18 2007,14:57)
laugh.gif

wink.gif
No, not a glare - A "look".... there's a big difference. It helps that I don't have payments on either bike. Just because he HAD 3 bikes and sold 2 doesn't mean I have to follow his lead... Heck, I'd have 2 more if I had the room. There is the problem with the car though - gotta work on that...
I'm with you, just put my spin on it 'cause I'd no doubt cast a GLARE
wink.gif

Problem is this - my Busa's been paid for since the day we brought it home...his other Harley was also paid for 'til he JUST HAD TO HAVE a bigger Harley, so we inherited the only vehicular payment we have now to the tune of $300/month...he's sick of not riding (his choice), sick of paying for the bike, sick of paying insurance on a bike he doesn't ride AND here's the big one I think - he wants so much for this Mustang of his! He's just found a new place to dump money...

For him to feel better, he feels we should just both sell. I encouraged him to sell his last night, but I'm not selling mine...his rebuttal? He doesn't want me to ride alone, so he won't sell unless I do...

...and I'm not...

I envision many more hints at selling in my future, but I'm standing firm...
zzwhip.gif

wink.gif

(twotonevert @ Sep. 18 2007,15:25) Are you sure that its not maybe a "phase" he is going through. Give him some time.
I don't know...this has been on the horizon now for maybe 6 months...he'll make mention of it, I'll pretend he's not speaking English
laugh.gif

Hey, maybe the Spring Bash just did him in...
pissed.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My wife talked me out of selling my mustang. I know now that I would have greatly regretted it if I had sold it. Has he just lost the enjoyment of riding? Or, is the mustang taking priority?

(twotonevert @ Sep. 18 2007,15:35) My wife talked me out of selling my mustang. I know now that I would have greatly regretted it if I had sold it. Has he just lost the enjoyment of riding? Or, is the mustang taking priority?
That's funny...I talked Mike out of selling his '65 Mustang, oh, 5 or 6 times now, and talked him IN TO buying this '99...I think he's just reliving how it was to fix up a car and he's focused on that right now...

Money's tight, he's sick of paying for a bike he doesn't make time to ride. That's just it, he's choosing to NOT ride for one reason or another...I simply haven't been able to ride, but I'm not willing to part with the bike...

Honestly, all those killed rider treads pushing me to sell my bikes and buy a bicycle .

It`s creepy, I haven`t been riding this year as much as I did last year.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 18 2007,15:50) Honestly, all those killed rider treads pushing me to sell my bikes and buy a bicycle .

It`s creepy, I haven`t been riding this year as much as I did last year.
Sure enough, reading about anyone going down is tough, but I still want to ride...just haven't had the time this riding season for one reason or another...

I guess I see myself in a situation I never thought I'd be in - HE wants to sell and I don't...never thought he'd want to stop riding; it's all he talked about when we were in high school all those years ago
wink.gif

It is a tough decision I hope we never have to make. To me riding is my release. For the last 8 weeks I have done no more than sit on the wifes R6. I count not imagine not riding.....

I have built several Mustangs over the years and even with the performance achieved with the last one, I still came back to motorcycles.

Give him some time.....

(vman1300 @ Sep. 18 2007,16:00) It is a tough decision I hope we never have to make. To me riding is my release. For the last 8 weeks I have done no more than sit on the wifes R6. I count not imagine not riding.....

I have built several Mustangs over the years and even with the performance achieved with the last one, I still came back to motorcycles.

Give him some time.....
I know how you feel right now...post-back surgery years ago, I would just go out and sit on the Busa, just waiting 'til the day I could ride...my last post-op visit to my doctor was on the bike; man, the looks I got!
laugh.gif

'Eh, maybe it's just a phase...I won't get too upset yet, but I've seen signs of this coming for a while now...

Want a Harley? Want Mike?!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back