PayPal

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Paytpal is such a crock of crap! I can't believe people still use this service and put up with the nickle and dime bull tactics! I luv how they have these "agreements" which don't provide you any recorse. Ahh hello but an agreement is something the both parties mutualy agree to not someone cramming it down your throat. It's aggravating when people or companies only want to deal with payments through this crappy company. Sorry but I don't like having even more of my personal banking information floating around additional sites. They even want you to pay for it! Like they're doing me a favor by making me do these things. I guess since I'm not a fleebay fan I don't see the benefits of using their service. Maybe thats why I'm biter.

The last purchase I made was with a board member here. Dont really know him, but he's been around long enough. Can you believe he took a personal check! from my own personal bank account!! and guess what it didn't even bounce or anything!!! And the only additional fees were the friggin postage!!!! holy crap, can you believe something like that even works?!?!?

If you're a business go out and get a merchant account and get setup to process credit cards! It's not hard. It makes you seem more business concious and does afford protection. Sheesh if things are so bad then maybe they should only accept cashiers checks and add fresh DNA samples. I know it's tough being in business and there are people out there comitting fraud but that's what insurance is for. Why should the rest of the consumers suffer.

I don't ask my clients to pay invoices through a paypal account. If they have a special process they set it up. I don't have to pay extra for it.

Now that I'm on this rant why not just do like so many other shady businesses do and advertise a price for your products at a low price through an astericks at the end and add the comment of "shipping and handling extra" Then you can slap the consumer with all fo your shipping fees and in the handling fee you can slap them with all of the paypal fees, telephone usage fee, admin fee, processing fee, filling fee, and slap your profit margin in it too.

Product a list price = 240.00
product a sales prices = 100.00*
S&H = 160.00
--------------------
Total = 260.00

TaDa! I guess this wouldn't piss some people off either.
brave.gif

I still remember when I used to get things delivered C.O.D.
Sorry just had to vent and this wasn't me pointing at any board memeber, vendor, merchant, or this board. My rant is strictly focused at PayPal. have a nice day and f@ck you very much.

Come on and stop sugar coating it, you can tell us how you REALLY feel.....

lurk.gif

I always use a credit card to pay for things through paypal so when I have a problem and paypal tells me to F off I can call my credit card company and they tell paypal to F off and take my money back!

(05BusaLe @ Sep. 18 2007,21:38) I always use a credit card to pay for things through paypal so when I have a problem and paypal tells me to F off I can call my credit card company and they tell paypal to F off and take my money back!
+1
beerchug.gif

I don't have issues with paypal. Sent a deposit once for a bike, seller did not describe it accurately. Complained to paypal, they gave me $50 out of the $300. Called my credit card company, I got the other $250 credited back.

Only use it for stuff under $100.

--Wag--

i lost one time using p.p. not a big loss but since then
i only use it like 05busale........credit card

I will only pay through paypal with cc. I think the second time I used it to buy something, pp wanted my bank account info to 'associate' with my pp account. YEA RIGHT, NO F'ING WAY. I personally know people who's pp account got jacked.

From what I understand Google now has a similiar service, but I have not used it.

I can see pp being much faster then sending a check though. But I like to buy stuff (big ticket items) in person. I would never buy a bike/car/jetski site unseen, like some do on ebay.

only problem i have had with pay pal was when the other person was deceptive...and used someone elses cc. i had to eat that. but it was also my fault...i knew it was a minor i was dealing with and shame on me...thought he had permission from his parents

hmmm interesting cause i know i am a big fan of paypal. I have had ZERO problems with them plus if i did there is a paypal branch right in bellevue, nebraska like 5minutes from my house.

but i use it for ebay for all 1000 transactions i have made and only a few times the seller didnt send so i filed a complaint on the 30 day paypal reimbursted my account. i have went as high as $600 and still no problems!

but thats normal some people tend to have problems when others dont. like what is it bank of america, "the military bank" but why is it that the military dont like them, because they like to screw people..

i havent had any issues either.

As for selling the item cheap, they do that because ebay doesnt charge selling fees on shipping. If i sell you something for 240 bucks, and it costs 10 bucks to ship it to you, ebay charges me a selling fee based on the 240 bucks. If I sell it to you for 5 dollars, and charge you 245 bucks to ship it, i only pay selling fees on the 5 bucks.

As you can imagine, ebay frowns upon this, and they tend to delete auctions that they spot that are set up this way.

I have a beef with Paypal now... first incident.

They still say they don't have my money but the bank and my account says otherwise.

all_coholic.gif

I have been using them for years, being a powerseller on ebay, my sales would drop by 95% if i tried to not accept paypal as a form of payment. Only times i have been screwed is from international people (mainly Brazil and Canada) but i learned my lessons and changed a few selling practices.

But as far as buying on ebay i would use no other payment besides it, but would make the purchases thru a credit card account as others have said.

Back