Just a reminder

rockadaous

mod-a-holic
Donating Member
Registered
Friday night I get a phone call at work that the neighbors house is on fire.  I couldn't believe it.  We were right in the middle of a nasty storm.  I rode home in the storm to make sure everyone was ok.  I get there to see my next door neighbors house in flames.  Fire Dept was doing there thifrng.  Hats off to them.  The house was done in 20 minutes.  The husband was in NY and the mom is 3 weeks from delivery.  the family is safe, but hurting I'm sure.  It was by the Grace of God that my house didn't go also.

I'm posting this to remind everyone to check there insurance policies.  Have a plan to get out for emergencies.  Throw you important papers in a safe place or fire box.  If I'm forgeting something please feel free to add to the list.

be safe out there people.  you all are family.

lightning_fire_018.JPG

backyard shot. that was there little girls room. they were in there sleeping at the time.

lightning_fire_019.JPG

this was the crazy part. My house is 26ft from theres. tell me that isn't scary. I watched the fire for 3 hours in the rain. I couldn't move.

lightning_fire_021.JPG

Wow... that sucks. They were insured right? Hope everything works out for them.
E

(jessup @ Sep. 16 2007,13:12) Wow... that sucks.  They were insured right?  Hope everything works out for them.
E
I would imagine so. The bank will slap some insurance on there for you. At what ever rate they want.

Wow Roc..glad to hear everyone got out and it didn't spread to your home.

(GoAWOL @ Sep. 16 2007,19:01) Wow Roc..glad to hear everyone got out and it didn't spread to your home.
I just talked to the family. it's gonna work out. I'm happy for them.

Yeah those storms were no joke Friday night. I was out in Harnett County (between Spring Lake and Sanford) not too far from Fay waiting on my brother to get here. Any ways I was in the shop putting my rear back on after having a new PP mounted and I could see the storms rolling in. There were tornado's sited in Lillington and it was just nasty rain and lighting.

Glad to hear the family will be able to recover and that no one was hurt.

Back