Latest on Mother

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Dad and I were sitting the in hospital cafeteria this morning having coffee and playing cribbage. We can't go in and see mom until 0900. At 0810 the Dr. called and said that mom's lab work was great she was doing well, BUT, there is another leak in her GI tract. I could see my dad physically lose all hope. The Dr. went into surgery and we didn't get any more info for 5 hours. During which time we did what humans do best assume the worst and worry. The bar iatric coordinator told us they were going to try a stint again. Out thought was it didn't work last week and she ended up in emergency surgery so why would it work this week. We believe that she cannot survive another surgery.

At 1320 we got to talk to the Dr. Long story short, he planned to try the stint again. If it failed it was no big deal because the stint was just to expedite healing. If it failed then she would stay in there until she healed and the leak fixed itself. Another surgery was never and option, (nice of him to tell us that this morning). We spent those 5 hours in agony, making arrangements for family to come from all over the country. Extending my leave, changing flight times.

As it turns out, the stint was an outstanding success. They went down her throat and re-sutured the leak, then clamped it, then added some sort of mesh adhesive, the put the stint in. The stint can stay there for 6 to 9 months.

Looks like mom will be ok. She is going to be in the hospital another 3 -4 weeks in ICU and the off to a physical rehab facility for a while to help her regain strength.

Thanks so much for the prayers.

Don

Don, I hope all works out for your Mom.

Prayers are continually sent.

great news bro...i'm glad everything went well and will continue praying for her and you

dude, there were a lot of prayers sent from the org.

glad to see she's doing better.

beerchug.gif

prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery for your mother!!!

Don - that's great news! I'll keep her and your Family in my Prayers for a speedy recovery! Please let me know if there's anything I can do...

Good to hear that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter! Wish i was closer to Houston, i'd pay you a visit!

Awesome news! Will continue to keep you all in my thoughts.
E.

Good news there brother.

I'll see you the next day or two, whenever you're rested call me.

Don,

Our prayer goes up to God and DO NOT fall on deaf ears my brother!! God loves ya'll and I pray he'll help your mom recover well and fast- I'll pray for ya'll too- for strength and encouragement! She's proud to have you two there by her side I know--take care and let us know if we can do anything for ya- Chris
smile.gif

Back