Mall Security

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Let's say someone loans their car to a trusted buddy for his date.
Let's say said buddy does a couple... or 8 donuts in an empty back parking lot at a large mall at night
Let's said said buddy is almost caught in a compromising position with date in dark back corner of parking lot later that night
Let's say he sort of leads the security van on a small lowspeed chase until exiting out on to public roads

I'm thinking parking lot security video tapes, license plates phoned in, potential fines for me to physically extract out of my buddy. Hey, at least he FESSED UP!

Can mall security do anything? Report it as a crime or something? If there is video, I'd LOVE to get a copy
biggrin.gif

Y'all just made me squirt Diet Coke outta my nose!!!

Mall security are pretty much powerless.... unless you (or he) tore something up and owe the mall $$, they don't really care......

(heck our mall security used to help the "bikers" by letting us hang out in the back parking lot and giving us a heads up when the cops did their drive through)

They can file a police complaint and provide evidence to the police. That's about the extent of their powers.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 14 2007,13:16) They can file a police complaint and provide evidence to the police.  That's about the extent of their powers.
Yup, just like the worthless security guards for our neighborhood. All they can do is report and call the police. But when it comes to neighborhood venues and property (clubhouse, gym, nature center, pool, playground, etc.) they do have the right to throw you out.

yeah, I figured they were just wanting to throw him out of there. nothing was damaged except for his evening. HA! Thanks for the feedback. I do respect mall security's job and all that, I just hope they don't waste their and MY time with this

Back