MONDO RIDE

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, I find myself able to take my bike on a 'business' trip. From San Diego, hitting the road on 9/28 for two days business in Sacramento (7:40 straight riding; figure it'll take 10 hours or so in total); Monday, leaving for Crater Lake in Oregon. It's absolutely beautiful there, by the looks of the images. We're staying at Crater Lake Lodge (www.craterlakelodge.com) for only one night
sad.gif
. Then, headed west to the Pacific Ocean and Hwy 101 again... We're taking 101 down to San Fran staying downtown for 2 days before heading to Yellowstone and Death Valley. The Yellowstone/Death Valley part of the trip should include about 150+/- bikers. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Will post pictures on my return.

Anyone anywhere along the way want to meet & greet?

RSVP here...or by PM.

Scar

Busa_Road_Trip_8.jpg

I heard those White ones are the fastest........

Enjoy that ride !!!! Seen pics and would love to ride that area!!

013.JPG

Thanks, ya'llz.  Here's a pic of the hotel on Crater Lake.  You can see why my face was
sad.gif
for getting only one night there...

Still looking for ANYONE who might be interested in meeting along the way...maybe I could talk BoiseBusa (Nick) into heading west for a bit...

Hmm...

Crater_Lake_Lodge_3.jpg

hmmm.....yeah, umm...I don't think it looks like that yet. I know the last time I was up at Crater Lake the lodge still sits high above the rim of the lake. It's very nice area and so much to see up there.

Give us a holler when you are around this way (it would give me an excuse to play hookey for a day).

Crater_Lake.JPG

Are you saying that the image on their website is old, out-of-date, or altered?

Please advise; I think I'll google-earth it...

Let me know what you know...and send me a PM with your phone number so I can ring you when there.

Thanks.

Scar

(Scar @ Sep. 17 2007,08:43) Are you saying that the image on their website is old, out-of-date, or altered?

Please advise; I think I'll google-earth it...

Let me know what you know...and send me a PM with your phone number so I can ring you when there.

Thanks.

Scar
its altered the lodge is at the rim of the crater not on the water

Blasphemers!!!! How dare they? Seems a little like 'false advertising'. I've never been a fan of false advertising, myself. Bastids.

(VaBusa @ Sep. 17 2007,13:03) Hope you're having a great trip!!!
Thanks, 'shell...but I don't 'launch' 'til the 28th.  Still in the countdown to departure...

race.gif
Sacramento 505 miles -->

Back