Military Movies

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
I watch alot of movies that are military based and i have my little moments when i see something not right. Now you would think hollywood could at lease be a little bit more smarter and make it look more real then it does, for instance hair is out of regulation, people have full grown beards or goatees. They saluted like its the hardest thing to get right, and thats like WHOOA and most of all everone knows that the most highest ranking is always to your right so why is it in movies a E-4 is walking to the right of a O-4, hmmm interesting or even the part where they dont use proper D & C. Even the part where they are calling each other on by name and not even rank when there is a seinor ranking involved. wow i tell you what if you never noticed. watch a military based movie and catch all the issues. in the movies it seems that the lowest ranking always punks out a officer in someway and gets away with it, but not in all movies.
rant.gif

If i'm not mistaken, they have to do things that arent correct. Uniform mistakes, haircuts, ect. ect... it would be against the law for them to do everything like it is supposed to be... I think i remember reading something about that along time ago.

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 08 2007,16:35) If i'm not mistaken, they have to do things that arent correct.  Uniform mistakes, haircuts, ect. ect...   it would be against the law for them to do everything like it is supposed to be...  I think i remember reading something about that along time ago.
True, UNLESS it's Approved by the Defence Dept., then they have Military Consultants to make sure everything is authentic  
pissed.gif

No different with law enforcement. I almost died laughing during Die Hard 2 when Bruce is running beside the gurney taking fingerpints off the guy with a samp pad an piece of paper then draws all over it, faxes it to the FBI using an office fax, and they are still able to make an ID.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i dont know i am just crazy i guess
all_coholic.gif
it was just something that made since to me all well

If it makes you feel any better, my spouse does living history re-enacting (Amer Rev and WWII)... I can't watch ANY historical movie - military or otherwise - without all the flaws being pointed out at the exact moment he see them on the screen. Can't wait until later... Noooo, has to point it out right then and there! He cracks me up!

Things we learn from Hollywood:

1. All "phone traces" take 30 seconds or more. With improvements in technology, this timing has not improved and never will

(LCB @ Sep. 09 2007,07:09) If it makes you feel any better, my spouse does living history re-enacting (Amer Rev and WWII)...  I can't watch ANY historical movie - military or otherwise - without all the flaws being pointed out at the exact moment he see them on the screen.  Can't wait until later...  Noooo, has to point it out right then and there!    He cracks me up!
yes finally someone on my side. i would do it but the problem is my wife would never understand but being here in iraq and me and my roommate watch one i do it all the time
jump9.gif

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 08 2007,19:35) If i'm not mistaken, they have to do things that arent correct.  Uniform mistakes, haircuts, ect. ect...   it would be against the law for them to do everything like it is supposed to be...  I think i remember reading something about that along time ago.
I have heard that too..especially regarding uniforms.

Back