Microsoft Vista

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
If anyone has installed Vista and are disgusted with how it runs and operates. Let me know. I can show you the way to get back to XP. Trust me you do not want to go through what I went through. It has taken me 6 days to get my computer back to the xp operating system, and it was not fun at all. Mainly the reason I did this was because Vista does not have the graphics drivers I need to play the HARDCORE games I play since the new OS is so new. So if you have any trouble let me know.

KanjiBusa

b6y3dk.jpg

I just got vista this year on a new computer, and I love it! Maybe you left something on your hard drive that's not compatible?

Well vista uses 560mb of my 2gig ram, which slows my gaming. And the graphics drivers have not yet been fine tuned for the games I play like xp has. And for the 6 days, Vista is a WHOLE new system. You cannot choose to format, only repair, and microsoft reconfigured the OS boot up that the xp boot cd does not understand. Read online, in is close to impossible taking vista off. Microsoft doesnt want you to downgrade. Once you upgrade it is permanent. And yes XP only takes 1 hour. But to install XP you have to create multiple partitions which the xp boot cd does not recognize 95% of the time since the hard drives are base coded with vista's new programming. I am just saying that if you want to take vista off, I can show you how to do it inside 3 hours after 6 days of research and trial and error.

(KanjiBusa @ Sep. 06 2007,06:52) Well vista uses 560mb of my 2gig ram, which slows my gaming. And the graphics drivers have not yet been fine tuned for the games I play like xp has. And for the 6 days, Vista is a WHOLE new system. You cannot choose to format, only repair, and microsoft reconfigured the OS boot up that the xp boot cd does not understand. Read online, in is close to impossible taking vista off. Microsoft doesnt want you to downgrade. Once you upgrade it is permanent. And yes XP only takes 1 hour. But to install XP you have to create multiple partitions which the xp boot cd does not recognize 95% of the time since the hard drives are base coded with vista's new programming. I am just saying that if you want to take vista off, I can show you how to do it inside 3 hours after 6 days of research and trial and error.
Damn, thats f'd up. I knew there was a reason I was sticking with XP.
laugh.gif

Although, there has got to be a disk utility out there to format the harddrive. Linux to the rescue? LOL

after 6 days of research and trial and error.[/Quote]

sounds like a little more error than trial...
all_coholic.gif

wink.gif

so...you're testimony is that you 'upgraded' to XP....and then somehow it "base coded" you HDD so that you could not format it?
I ask because you said you tried to "get back" to the XP OS.

Someone wanna tell me what "base coding" a HDD is? .... I have been in the industry for just over 10 years....and I have never heard of that.

A HDD doesn't care what you write to it....it only cares about the interface.
As long as you have the drivers and firmware to interface with it...you should be golden.

Did you try any 3rd party utilities?
PM8
Ghost
nLite for a Slipstream install?
HDD maker's utility tools?
etc.....?

BTW....Gateway is now shipping PCs whose PCB components are supposedly "not compatible with XP" ....so don't buy one and expect to be able to "rollback" to XP.
One of my local customers was issued a couple from their corporate office.....eewww!

September is "the last" month to buy XP ....they are supposed to pull it from the shelves at the end of the month....we'll see.

I agree that Vista sucks! I can't stand it!

That said, like Juice said - it takes less than an hour to install XP. I've reinstalled XP on my laptop twice after Vista. Takes no time at all.

Sorry dude, clean XP install required 1 to 2 hours and can be done no matter what OS crap was installed before. Downgrade from ANY OS is a nightmare and I`d not recommend doing that. Even if you want your Windows NT back.

Speaking of Vista..... wait until Service pack 2.

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 06 2007,12:50) BTW....Gateway is now shipping PCs whose PCB components are supposedly "not compatible with XP"
That prolly cuz Acer is sticking their fingers in there!
laugh.gif

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 06 2007,04:50) after 6 days of research and trial and error.

sounds like a little more error than trial...
all_coholic.gif

wink.gif

so...you're testimony is that you 'upgraded' to XP....and then somehow it "base coded" you HDD so that you could not format it?
I ask because you said you tried to "get back" to the XP OS.

Someone wanna tell me what "base coding" a HDD is? .... I have been in the industry for just over 10 years....and I have never heard of that.

A HDD doesn't care what you write to it....it only cares about the interface.
As long as you have the drivers and firmware to interface with it...you should be golden.

Did you try any 3rd party utilities?
PM8
Ghost
nLite for a Slipstream install?
HDD maker's utility tools?
etc.....?

BTW....Gateway is now shipping PCs whose PCB components are supposedly "not compatible with XP" ....so don't buy one and expect to be able to "rollback" to XP.
One of my local customers was issued a couple from their corporate office.....eewww!

September is "the last" month to buy XP ....they are supposed to pull it from the shelves at the end of the month....we'll see.[/Quote]
Lol, trial and error were the same.

And what I meant by base code, the format that Vista uses messes with xp installation. It just makes things difficult. And I found that all I had to do was disable SATA in the BIOS, and my vista partition and unallocated hardrive space finally showed up :-)

I love the web

That said...

WOW BIOSHOCK IS EVEN BETTER!!!! no glitches no choppy motion. AHH It feels good to be back on XP

I took my Windows Visa computer out of the hutch and had my Windows XP pimped up with 2.5 G of RAM and have never looked back at the Vista program. Hasta la vista,
guns.gif
Vista

Bought a new laptop 8 months ago with Vista Premium and I don't have a single complaint. Been nothing but smooth and extremely fast.

My desktop has XP which I have no issues with either. Given a choice I'd definitely take Vista over XP, BUT I wouldn't bother to upgrade XP to Vista.

(KanjiBusa @ Sep. 06 2007,06:52) Well vista uses 560mb of my 2gig ram, which slows my gaming. And the graphics drivers have not yet been fine tuned for the games I play like xp has. And for the 6 days, Vista is a WHOLE new system. You cannot choose to format, only repair, and microsoft reconfigured the OS boot up that the xp boot cd does not understand. Read online, in is close to impossible taking vista off. Microsoft doesnt want you to downgrade. Once you upgrade it is permanent. And yes XP only takes 1 hour. But to install XP you have to create multiple partitions which the xp boot cd does not recognize 95% of the time since the hard drives are base coded with vista's new programming. I am just saying that if you want to take vista off, I can show you how to do it inside 3 hours after 6 days of research and trial and error.
for the love of god man get a 360 or ps3... the never ending drama with upgrading,updating,my drivers dont work,anyone crash?.....blah blah... I was a hardcore comp gamer from quake 1 till I got my 360... sure I miss my mouse keyboard combo but im back on top of things
tounge.gif
unless its your passion to keep updating a computer and not switching from key & mouse to controller then bag it....

<------- previous owner of 3 hardcore alienware systems after I got tired of building them just for something eles to come out....

AAAssjani.gif
I need help..

:-), alienware looks cool, but is way overpriced. I have consoles, but as for the 360, I am waiting for Halo 3. and the ps3 more games are needed. Plus....

You cant play World of Warcraft on ANY console.

Lol microsoft asked if Blizzard(WoW creator) to make a World of Warcraft for the 360. :-) Blizzard didnt even think about it. They just said No.
super.gif

There are some games that cannot be beat that are on the pc

When you think about it.

You get a new game on a pc, you need a new graphics card that is around $300 and your system is STILL compatible with all the old antique games.

Consoles cannot upgrade, which is why I am a fan of pc gaming.

Even though Halo is one of the best games ever!!!

biggrin.gif

Back