oRg member down

sledhead

Org's redheaded stepchild with attit
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all. Just got off the phone with Paul. He went down on the highway Friday night. Apparently he fell asleep on the way home while riding the bike. He has been working some long hours and it caught up. He went down on one of the busiest highways here in the twin cities and thank god no one ran him over.

His gear saved him from what could have been a horrible wreck. He said his helmet is fried, his gloves wore all the way through the carbon fiber knuckle protectors but the leather stayed intact. They had to cut off his leather jacket at the hospital so its toast. He has some bad road rash in his knees and has a pretty badly bruised rib cage. It SUCKS that he has been gone for a year protecting this country for our freedom and just when he gets back this happens. He hasn't seen the bike yet so he doesn't know what kind of shape its in.

Can I suggest that we pitch in and get a very long term ORG member some new gear?

I'm sure he would enjoy some well wishes. You can email him at Lazerbla@ix.netcom.com

Maybe a mod could pin this?

Hang in there Paul. If you need ANYTHING you know my numbers!!!

I was trying to log on to post this info as well...came in to work today to see the email from Paul...
sad.gif

He's in good spirits, but I'm sure some kind and thoughtful words from the gang here will help even more! Thanks for posting this up sled
smile.gif

Heal fast Paul; let me know if you need anything...

Email I read this morning:

I don’t know how to say this so I will just say it. Last Friday around 6:30 pm, I seemed to have blacked out while riding my motorcycle home. I don’t remember the crash but I remember waking up on I-35 and talking to the EMT’s and State Trooper. I was wearing my helmet, armored jacket and gloves. My helmet saved my life and the gear prevented any broken bones, scarring, or permanent skin damage.

Both knees are very scraped up and I cannot bend my right leg. I didn’t break anything but bruised my ribs very badly. I had a CAT scan and many other tests in the emergency room and I don’t think I have any serious damage other then being in pain for a few weeks till I can walk normally. Right now, most of the pain is in my rib area when I move or laugh. If I am sitting still, I am fine.

My mother and brother came down to Minneapolis to be with me Friday night and around 3:00 am Saturday, the hospital let them take me home. I have been on meds for the pain and they are helping quite a bit. I still continue to knock my wind out by doing the slightest movements.

I will be home for some time of course and my mother is going to stay with me till I can function by my self.

I will recover from this just fine I believe. I have not seen my Hayabusa yet but the Trooper said it didn’t look that bad. I find that a bit hard to believe since I crashed on an interstate. No one else was involved so I am thrilled that no one else was hurt.

I just felt you all should know.

Best regards,

Paul.

P.S. I am in good spirits right now so don’t worry.

wow.gif
wow! I have found myself kinda day dreaming a few times on the scoot and I guess it can happen to anyone. My friend says he never rides unless he is 100% I think thats not allways possible but 1-2 second blink can be way more serious than a car wreck. Glad he's gonna be ok. Hang in there LB!

Thanks for all the post gang. I think I am going to be fine and my protective gear kept me from having any permanent damage and scarring I think.

I have not seen my bike yet. Not looking forward to that. I remember seeing my helmet and it was shot but worked perfect. Yea X-Eleven!

Thanks for all the kind words. and thanks so much Sled and Va for the very kind e-mails.

Paul

I'm here for ya brah. I can come see you any time. Just give me a shout.

I'm so glad you're okay Paul...bumped and bruised for certain, but still here...not too many walk away from a crash on the interstate
sad.gif

When will you be able to go see your bike?

Heal well and quickly. We are all here for you if you need anything.

did you give a big thanks to the guy upstairs?...it could've been worse, a lot worse.

speedy recovery to you.

Back