My first trackday.

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
But I had a great time meeting the west coast Busa riders. I got my knees on the pavement without my hips and the bike following close behind. It was worth every penny and the 44 hour round trip. Hopefully next year we can do it at a track a little further east
smile.gif
Semi is posting pics like a mad-man
smile.gif
I'll get to posting mine few and getting the video together when I get back home. There is so much to keep you busy at the track there didn't seem to be time to do much other than ride, keep hydrated, and get ready to ride.

Anyone who hasn't done a track day needs to. Not only will it improve your riding skills, it is a blast to be able to run wide open throttle and not have to be concerned about po-po, deer, gravel, cars, etc.

I guess I can live with being old, fat, and slow as long as I keep having fun
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Well, I am definitely old, fat, and s l o w....... never done a track day (cause I'm a big chicken) but I'll sure bet it's FUN!!!! Congrats!!!!!
bowdown.gif

(Learjett @ Sep. 03 2007,22:39)
beerchug.gif
 Well, I am definitely old, fat, and s l o w....... never done a track day (cause I'm a big chicken) but I'll sure bet it's FUN!!!!  Congrats!!!!!  
bowdown.gif
Bob,
You will enjoy a track day, STT has a good novice class, I recommend Barber Motorsports... it would be good to get a few folks together for a track day...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could do that. Im fat and kinda slow and turning old tomorrow (40) so I should I guess.
sad.gif

From the other old fat and slow busa rider there doing his first ever track day, I completely concur!

We're watching some vides of the track days right now and there is some great footage on there, including you, BusaWhipped! As soon as we can, we'll get that off to you.

Ciao, baby! Glad you had a great time.

--Wag--

Whats wrong with being old, fat and slow, I thought I had something to look forward too!

Age has NOTHING to do with it. Nor is there anything to be afraid of [even though I was nervous as HECK my very first time out] tracks are the SAFEST environment ever. I'm 42, been doing it for 4 years now, and I see "gray hairs" out there pushing 65 - 70ish! Busawhipped, Good to see you guys all made it out there. I can't wait to see your pics!

Busawhipped! Don't be so hard on yourself! You rode well! That was a blast!

Dennis you did great for your first trackday!!

I didn't even get my knee down until my 6th trackday, imagine how much better you'll be after 6 trackdays!!!
beerchug.gif
super.gif

I'm glad you made the trip out!! It was great to meet you!!

you did great bro...like i kept telling you- you jumped in with some of the best riders on the board...you can't let it discourage you when you can't keep up with others that have had dozens of track days to get where they are...just ride your ride, pick their brains for tips, and improve each time out
beerchug.gif

You lQQk daayyumm good to me, getting down on one knee, Playa.
super.gif

(Lamb busa @ Sep. 04 2007,21:47) Busawhipped!  Don't be so hard on yourself!  You rode well!  That was a blast!
I'm not being hard on myself. I had a great time even though I'm old, fat, and slow. I guess my message here is you don't have to be Ricky Racer to enjoy a track day. And thanks to the "Busa train", I have an A sticker on the bike for my fish tails.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back