Question about AMA Superbike...

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I'm usually a MotoGP fan, but recorded on the DVR and just watched AMA Superbikes at Road Atlanta.

Based on these races and commentary, it is like the Yoshi Suzuki's are always 1 & 2 and the rest of the pack gets to decide who gets the leftovers.
SHOCKED.gif

It's literally like two different races, with 8-15 seconds between 2nd and 3rd place!!

In the first race, Ben Spies crashed out in 2nd, started last on the restart and three laps later was BACK in 2nd!!!

So the question for the cognoscenti, is this:

Are the Yoshi bikes THAT much better than the rest of the machines, and if so in what way?

or

Are Ben Spies & Matt Mladin THAT much head and shoulders better than the rest of the racers in this series?

rock.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Unbelievable...

SHOCKED.gif

Yes and Yes... Mladin and Spies are 2 of the BEST riders in Superbike, and Yoshimura Suzuki probably has the most dumped in the bikes... I find it sad for the guys that get lapped by Mladin and Spies. THAT has gotta make ya feel bad, when you're pushing it on your last lap, and the winner of the race passes you shaking his hand in the air in victory.

Yeah, they're that good !!! I am just sad that it makes the racing so BORING !!! Kinda like the SBK a couple of years back when it was just a Ducati Cup of sorts. Even if I'am both a Ducati and Suzuki Fan ! Mladin is probably the Best that AMA has seen, and puts ALL his everyday efforts in racing. Where as the others love it, but don't live it 24-7 . Which showed up this year when Matt went to Austraila to Test the 07 Bike with the MotoGp guys. And Spies didn't want to, so he didn't go. It was interesting today when Matt said that if Ben hadn't won last year and he had, it would have been his last year. I guess you can get bored doing nothing but win, year after year after year  
beerchug.gif

i was there this weekend and the other guys are so FAST to but you donot see it on T.V. at all. MATT is just BAD azzzz. in my book but there was a guy name (johnnyRock Page ) SUPER nice guy talk to him for 10 mins i guess he was a rookie this year and using most of HIS money in superbike . he was flying but could not kept up with MATT at all. it is about HOW much money you have to but in this . matt has suzuki and he doesnot have anyone to help him like that

well ARRON YATES with MJ team . he is a very good rider and couldnot kept up with ben or matt. it make me think what is going on with all this..

Thats funny me and my wife were watching saying the same thing a couple of weeks ago. It made for a real boring race. When you look at Yoshimura R&D and Suzuki with their race technology and two riders not afraid to wring it and bring it.....guess you can fly.
super.gif

Well Yosh runs 3 bikes. So that makes Mladin and Spies that much better IMHO, Don't get me wrong, they have the best parts, electronics, and tech's working on there bikes that money can buy, but those 2 just have mad skills.

As for Yates, they have been commenting how well he's been doing considering that the Jordon team (mainly Yates) is doing that well without any of the advanced electronics the other factory bikes have, mainly Traction Control.

So is there any definite difference tech-wise between the two Yosh bikes and the rest?
rock.gif

Documented, not "they must be cheating" stuff...
laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Sep. 03 2007,20:06) So is there any definite difference tech-wise between the two Yosh bikes and the rest?  
rock.gif

laugh.gif
There are 3 yosh bikes. Don't forget Tommy Hayden who i think is 4th in points.

(Cykill @ Sep. 03 2007,16:27) Well Yosh runs 3 bikes. So that makes Mladin and Spies that much better IMHO, Don't get me wrong, they have the best parts, electronics, and tech's working on there bikes that money can buy, but those 2 just have mad skills.

As for Yates, they have been commenting how well he's been doing considering that the Jordon team (mainly Yates) is doing that well without any of the advanced electronics the other factory bikes have, mainly Traction Control.
super.gif

(Cykill @ Sep. 03 2007,22:21)
(Shibumi @ Sep. 03 2007,20:06) So is there any definite difference tech-wise between the two Yosh bikes and the rest?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
There are 3 yosh bikes. Don't forget Tommy Hayden who i think is 4th in points.
Ohhhh, didn't know that. He still doesn't finish anywhere near those two...
rock.gif

rock.gif

I had fun there this weekend, going to try to make it next year. All I know is they are all fast to me.
SHOCKED.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back