39 years, 364 days, 11 hours and so on

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I have to admit I do not spend a lot of time here anymore, I have been over on Corvette forum for the last couple months.
I do not have any friends on there yet, and I miss you guys.

It is 2:00 AM here. I am sitting here watching shitty movies, and do not want to close my eyes. When everyone wakes up I will be 40. This was a crazy year. This is the first birthday I will have without my Dad, Mom, and my Sister. I lost Dad 13 years ago, Mom and Marlene this year to Cancer.
I went to the cemetary today, and for the first time since their passing, I heard my Mom's voice today. I heard her telling me happy birthday. I remember having a real tough time when Dad died, until late one night months after he left us, in my living room. I saw his face, and he was peaceful. It never hurt as bad after that. I do not know how to explain it, maybe I never will be able to.
I am hoping that things will get easier for me now, hearing Mom's voice today was something I have waited for, for a long time. Those of you that have lost loved ones may know what I am talking about, you may not. I think it is a 'peace' that is reached, through time.

I spent most of the summer as I always do, on the road. This was likely the best summer I have ever had, as 6 of 8 weeks I had either 1 or all of my family with me. We went on holidays, they travelled with me, or my son came along with me. When I worked, they shopped, waited in the truck, or played in the swimming pool at the hotel. I spent so much time with my amazing family this summer I am dreading Tuesday, it will come to an end until Christmas.

I may have just had an epiphony. As I was sitting here talking to you guys, thinking of my late family, I had a huge lump in my throat, and tears were again running. I had hoped I would be over that. As I started remembering my time with my lovely Wife and wonderful kids this summer, my heart grew warm, and I could feel myself smiling.

Memories are all I have any more, and I guess the best way to carry on, is to create new memories with my family. Maybe this year I can be a little easier on the kids when they mess up, maybe I can pay a little more attention to my loving wife, and maybe I can spend some more time with her family. Her Mom is still fighting cancer, and is in much better shape after 3 months of Chemtherapy.

I have really enjoyed the time I have spent on the org. I have met some wonderful people, some of whom have made a great difference in my life, through kind actions and words. When I needed help, there was always someone there. When I could help, I tried.

If there is anything I can do to help anyone, please let me know. I will do anything I can, for my friends.
GBYA.

Happy 40th Birthday my oRg Brother...
Sad but so true, family is all you ever really have in this world. Reading your post made me stop and think about my family as well, especially my parents. Then I thought about your situation and it also made me sad. I'm starting to realize that the older I get the less time I too have! So, just as soon as I can I'm going to give my folks a call. I want to thank you for sharing one very important snippet of your life and again remind us of why we do the things we do to make a living.....

Congratulations and Happy 40th birthday.
Your post really makes me think and get watery eyes. I still have 9 years to go until 40 and I feel that I haven't really started my life yet. Just trying to settle down and stabilize. The thought of starting a family grows stronger and stronger in my mind. You've definitely got me beat in that area.

happy birthday and i still got 19years and 3 months till i am that old so till then rock on hey at lease i know i can stay in the military and retire BEFORE i even hit 40 thats the best part lol ahaha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and 40 is a GREAT AGE TO BE  
beerchug.gif

enjoy your special day bro.
Sounds like a rough year. Lose'n a family member is never easy.
Sounds like you did some self reevaluating. create some good
memories with your family. that's how you want to be remembered
when the time comes.

Happy Birthday my friend. Reaching 40 is a milestone in anyones life. I myself have 4 years to go. Family is very important, and sometimes those are the people that we take for granted the most. I wish you well. Another thing you have right now is the present and the future. I would not know what to do without my wife or my children. I try my best to make sure that everyone in my life knows that I love them and we work hard to make memories that will last. This is one of the reasons my wife and I purchased a new bike. You only live once, and we want to enjoy it to the fullest. You said that memories are all you have anymore, but it is so very important to make new ones from this point forward.

Thanks guys!

You know, it was a nice day. I had a bunch of friends and family show up, mind you I asked them over the last week to come by for cake, but everyone I asked showed up! I got some calls from others, emails from my buddies at the org, and great replies from you fellas.

It's nice to have friends.

Lata.

Happy birthday bro,
I am 44 and have no regrets. I teach, so I was home all summer with the family. It was awesome. It was hard to go back but, this year I take my oldest with me to school and then to kindergarden.
God Bless,
Brian

Back