Martin Bros Choppers

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Been staring at this thing all day ... then, like some type of an optical illusion, when I look at a pic of any other bike, the other bike looks deformed. Like too short and tall.

Anybody diggin' this Martin Brothers' "Purple Gangsta" like I am?

MB_PG_JPG.jpg

I'm with it until the gas tank...kinda slopes a bit much for me. Now here is one I like...

Paul Yaffe...biker build-off

yaffe.phantom800S.jpg

You know wht I like is the Fact that the Martin Bros are here in TEXAS and yes I love the designs the Martin Bros.

I like slightly taller bikes. The long and low isn't for me when it comes to choppers.

i don't like these new style choppers at all. i like ol' skool like
indian larry used to build. of course i'm 60 years old and listening
to merle haggard right now.
SHOCKED.gif

Not too into their stuff ... although the only ones I've really seen are from the Biker Build Offs on tv.

Bit too radical for me.

If I had the $$$, I would get myself one from these guys ... http://www.exilecycles.com/ ... more the style I like.  
biggrin.gif

I think for the money you'd be better getting a M109 or similar and customize the shid out of it .... you'd save some coin
cool.gif

Enormous amount of work , POS motorcycle. form without function is nothing, waste of time and money. IMHO

Custom choppers are sculpture on two wheels---beautiful! Having said that, they are way over priced; they don't handle, brake or turn well. Many are unconfortable if your in the saddle too long. What about resale value? Basically, they are d--k wagging tools!

indian larry was the shiznit too, i built my old harley after his style...

mybike3.jpg

(GoAWOL @ Aug. 31 2007,21:14) I'm with it until the gas tank...kinda slopes a bit much for me. Now here is one I like...

Yaffe's definitely talented, and that's a sharp bike ... but I like exactly what you don't--the fact that the bike is long and low, yet that tank's got a radical slope! All in what does it for ya ....

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 31 2007,23:01) You know wht I like is the Fact that the Martin Bros are here in TEXAS and yes I love the designs the Martin Bros.
Bigger and better in Te-Has ...
beerchug.gif

(05 Busa LE @ Sep. 03 2007,17:49)
(GoAWOL @ Aug. 31 2007,21:14) I'm with it until the gas tank...kinda slopes a bit much for me. Now here is one I like...

Yaffe's definitely talented, and that's a sharp bike ... but I like exactly what you don't--the fact that the bike is long and low, yet that tank's got a radical slope! All in what does it for ya ....
It's growing on me. Loved the biker build-off shows. Nothing like watching these guys build art from scratch. If I had the money I'd have some sort of chopper in my garage.

(shortcut @ Sep. 01 2007,20:02) i don't like these new style choppers at all. i like ol' skool like
indian larry used to build. of course i'm 60 years old and listening
to merle haggard right now.
SHOCKED.gif
Indian Larry built some AWESOME bikes ... and his shop (Indian Larry Legacy) continues to do so.

Pic_032_Small.jpg

Man I can not believe this I had some Pic's of Indian Larry's Bikes that he Built before he left us that i was going to post that I took at Sturgis this year and some how they got deleted from computer this suxs so bad
mad.gif

Back