What do you know about IRAQ?!?!?

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
Did you know that 47 countries' have reestablished their embassies in Iraq ?

Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated,

364 schools are under rehabilitation,

263 new schools are now under construction

and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know that Iraq 's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities,

46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers

all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United State s in January 2005

for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational?

They have 5 - 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq 's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons,

which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft

(under Iraqi operational control)

which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000

fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq

that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ?

They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations,

22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi childre n! unde r the age of 5

have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq

and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations,

180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country,

we get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib

and people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves two purposes:

It is intended to undermine the world's perception of the United States,
thus minimizing consequent support, and it is intended to discourage American citizens.

---- Above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.

http://www.defenselink.mil/

.......Pass it on! Give it wide dissemination!

super.gif

I wonder if any of our LEGISLATURES know this, OR better yet ----- CARE
rock.gif
? I know I care  
super.gif

Can people in ... *ahem* ... "The Iraq" locate "The Iraq" on the map?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've talked to some people who have worked over there in the last couple years.They always say the same thing.Why is the press only talking of the negative?There's more good than bad going on,we just don't here it.

Keep up the good work Steve
super.gif

Because the media are only in it for the money and their liberal agenda’s. Death, destruction and the down fall of the Republican Party sells.

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 31 2007,09:40) Can people in ... *ahem* ... "The Iraq" locate "The Iraq" on the map?
I know the 'US Americans' can't
laugh.gif

Frightening
crazy.gif

I knew that we were having a positive impact. Thanks to the media and liberals we're currently being biotch slapped by Iran. Most US Americans are like Ms. S.C. unfortunately. They take our mass media as distributing facts.

thats why its called the news or media. they only report the bad because thats what gts peoples attenion. if everything was good people wouldnt watch it which then their rating will lower. and BAM off the air they go. thats why we get media breifings here. everything we say has to be positive when you say something negative they will not even play the positive thing you said about iraq only the negative. thats like that movie from michael moore fahrenheit 9/11. he had that marine with him and after all the negative he said they went and tried to recruit congresses kids so that they would deploy and no one from congress would do it but if you notice movies like that about 9/11 were negative, for instance watch the movie called iraq for sale its about all the war profitors like haliburton but also about the civilians that lost their lives but they blame someone else. one of kbr convoys went out when they said the roads were red i believe it was and they got over ran and people died but common sense says that if the roads are bad then dont go. i tell you what, the kbr that come in for us with supplies, the foreman type thats incharge is this lady and she is a royal MMMMHHHHH..... she tries to tell us whats going to happen and if you say something that she doesnt like then she flipps out on you and says then we are leaving with everything. wow holy crap, thats how the civilians treat the military, but guess who has the weapons and who dont. thats all i have to say about that. or how about that private security they had here called blackwater, they went out on the road in a upper armored SUV i think it was only 1 or 2 of them and they got blowen up but they tried blaming someone else over that... i got to go later

do yourselves a favor and stop watching the news altogether. it's changed my life for the better

thats how the civilians treat the military, but guess who has the weapons and who dont. thats all i have to say about that. or how about that private security they had here called blackwater, they went out on the road in a upper armored SUV i think it was only 1 or 2 of them and they got blowen up but they tried blaming someone else over that... i got to go later [/Quote]

You can't label all civilians this way. There are ore then just KBR over there working to help the military. I was there working one on one with the military for 2 years and I never once treated the military with anything other then respect. I was a soldier too at one time, and so were many of the civilians over there now. The Blackwater incident was not blamed on anyone except the executives and higher operators of Blackwater. I know plenty of guys in blackwater and am pretty in tune to the real story that happened. I have dealt with lots of military that have a negative view of civilians over in Iraq, but the military could not operate or function in the op tempo that it has without their help.

(WWJD @ Aug. 31 2007,11:37) do yourselves a favor and stop watching the news altogether.  it's changed my life for the better
Couldn't agree more!

I only watch the news for the weather report to determine if I should ride to work or not. Not to mention the weather lady (Elita Loresca) is sexy as heck!
biggrin.gif

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 31 2007,11:15)
(WWJD @ Aug. 31 2007,11:37) do yourselves a favor and stop watching the news altogether.  it's changed my life for the better
Couldn't agree more!

I only watch the news for the weather report to determine if I should ride to work or not. Not to mention the weather lady (Elita Loresca) is sexy as heck!
biggrin.gif
Absolutely! I can't stand to hear all the mindless blathering on the nightly news. I usually only watch the weather lady too! Rebecca Stephenson on King 5 is easy on the eyes!

(smonroe86 @ Aug. 31 2007,02:45) Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated,

364 schools are under rehabilitation,

263 new schools are now under construction

and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ?

They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations,

22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?
WOW.... Not to bash (honestly, because I'm glad to hear the positives going on over there...) but it would be nice to see this kind of energy and money invested back into our own society, schools and children.

I'm sure the people in New Orleans and the surrounding would be happy to know that the Fed govt is putting so much effort into rehabilitating another country while they fight for funding...

Honestly not bashing... but the negative media coverage hiding the positives, and the US Govt's support (financially, militarily, and governmentally) of another country... while some of our own issues aren't getting resolved....

It all just shows how out of balance our system is.

beerchug.gif
Now back to your regularly scheduled riding program.

I hope it goes our way soon Yawl cause we can't keep this up for much longer. I have a hunt bud that hopes it never ends! He's makin over half a Mil a year @ the Bagdad Airport!! And to H with those that just wait for the Fema $$ to fall from the heavens!
rant.gif
SHOCKED.gif
lurk.gif
This should get things started.

So, what kinds of stuff are they teaching those young impressionable kids in all those new schools we're paying for?

I bet I can guess...and it's not social studies.
wink.gif

to be continued...
lurk.gif

Back