joke I didn't get

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
there is a lot in humanity I don't get. like why humans rush towards and repeat things that cuase them harm on a continuous basis. but I still laugh lots, and regret little while moving on to a new day.

that said, a joke was emailed to me the other day and instead of snickering, giggling, laughing, shooting milk through my nose, I kinda went. "huh. .... huh? ?" and it has plagued me ever since.

I know overanalyzing jokes is a waste and you either get them or you might not, but I wonder if I'm missing something here.

Here's the joke, in the flavor near how it was emailed to me:

Golf in the Afterlife

A RVing couple made a deal one night in their motorhome that whoever died first would come back and inform the other of the afterlife. Their biggest fear was that there was no afterlife.

After a long life, the husband was the first to go, and true to his word, he made contact, Mary....Mary"

"Is that you Fred?"

"Yes, I've come back like we agreed."

What's it like?

"Well I get up in the morning, I have sex. I have breakfast, off to the golf course, I have sex. I bathe in the sun, then I have sex twice more. I have lunch, then another romp on the golf course, then sex for the rest of the afternoon.
After supper,golf course again. Then I have sex until late at night. The next day it starts all over again."

"Oh, Fred!! you surely must be in heaven!!!"

"Not exactly, I'm a rabbit on a golf course in Arizona."

There. Okay now. I understand the funniness in everyone thinking he's a new 'guy' and gettin lots of "action", and the hilarity of realizing he is a rabbit and that is normal life for him, AND that we assumed he was PLAYING lots of golf instead of just hopping around the course looking for more cotton tail, but is that it? Does the Arizona location play some pivitol elevating point in the humor? Did I miss the point behind the location? I'm thinking, okay maybe all the bunnies he's after are old and retired, or maybe it's dangerous the way the old retired people play, or maybe the "action" he's getting is very sad and ugly with those freakishly long-eared jack rabbits they have down there....

I know it's dumb, but I can't help but think there is something more there. Why Arizona? I know a good comedian will use real things and places to drive a point home with a known visual....

I dunno. Did I miss it? I mean it was kinda funny, but I felt like I missed something there

The gist of the joke is that it sounds like he has a marvelous life (and you correctly realize that we assumed he was *playing* golf, not just on a course).

AZ has a bunch of rabbits and can be played all the time. It also fits in with the "I sun myself". There is no other significance...

Hawaii wouldn't work, not enough rabbits on the courses there.. But hot, sun, sex, golf course and rabbits? Ahhhh.. AZ...
laugh.gif

Yes, it's cute and you are over analyzing it
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I wished I were a rabbit in Arizona, and I don't even golf
eek2.gif

There's a lot of golf courses in AZ, so it fits the story. And wabbitts have a lot of sex...I got it...I guess if your not a golfer ya might not get it
all_coholic.gif

yeah I know.... hey I'm allowed to miss things every now and again... as long as it is not my norm!
biggrin.gif

OH OH OH! I just got the deeper subscript: WHy it is not great for him. Because he LOVES to play golf and CANT and is in the land of MANY COURSES! I got it! I got it! HAHAHHHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Oh the irony.

It was cute...not hilarious...it would be Heaven if he was PLAYING golf and having sex all day
all_coholic.gif

Back