i'll try to keep it short

mike04busa

Registered
Hi every one. the story begins out with me borrowing $ to buy the busa. from my future wife (almost comming to an end). whe you borrow money from somebody like that every dollar you spend seems like it is supposed to go to paying for the bike. Like when you need a
tire for the bike you have to hear that the $ you are spending could have gone twards the bike.Or any $ you spend for that matter. or you hear that it's not even your bike anyway. So I an selling the bike untill I could get another one next year.Hopefully someone is selling one that I could pick up in the spring.ride safe,
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
mike

sad.gif

sad.gif

Sorry to hear! Old adage rings true to many times....Never deal in money with family and friends.

The other side of it is that is I would hate to loose the relationship over the bike. You could always find another one.(mabey with more mods) 08 coming out = lower price 1st gen??? Mabey it's time to finish the car??

(BusaBret @ Aug. 26 2007,07:46) Sorry to hear! Old adage rings true to many times....Never deal in money with family and friends.
+100000 It never seems to have a happy ending.

Hind sight if we only knew how things would work out...but then some things would not be as much fun. Hope it all works out for you
beerchug.gif

Thank you for the support, anything to make this seem better to deal with is great.I'm still on the fence with this we are going back and forth as I type.Mabey I will still have a bike and my girl who knows.I owe her 4500 and if she sells the bike she says that I get nothing back, after putting 1600 into fixing the crash damage and the trans.(it was a salvage)800 for reg and taxes. 2600 I have given her so far!!!By the way the bike is in her name due to it not being paid for. I'm F@#$%& either way. It was worse than a deal with the devil. It was hard to look at the poor crashed busa and not give a loving and caring home. I tend to have a soft spot for things that look sad, and it looked unloved.

(mike04busa @ Aug. 26 2007,10:21) I tend to have a soft spot for things that look sad, and it looked unloved.
This is probably how you met your wife too, and from your descriptions there was likely a reason she looked that way...

Not trying to be mean but the problem here isn't how much money you owe on the Busa...think about it and bail on both as you'll have to eventually.
sad.gif

(mike04busa @ Aug. 26 2007,06:09) The other side of it is that is I would hate to loose the relationship over the bike. You could always find another one.(mabey with more mods) 08 coming out = lower price 1st gen??? Mabey it's time to finish the car??
You need to make up your mind on what to work on...the relationship or the toys
rock.gif

Is it worth trying to fix it...or just move on
rock.gif

ONLY you can make that choice  
wink.gif

rock.gif

Any woman that would hold a small loan like that over your head and use it to control you and torture you over something that you love obviously does not love you. Dump both. The only way for you to get back some control is to be the one to stand up and make a decision. Best of luck.

Why not borrow the money you owe the wife from a bank and use the bike as collateral? Pay her then work on fixing your relationship unteathered......

(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 26 2007,15:26) Why not borrow the money you owe the wife from a bank and use the bike as collateral? Pay her then work on fixing your relationship unteathered......
probb. one of the best things i've heard yet, but my credit has gotten in the way, but i'm tring to straighten things out.

Wow. I would drop her like a hot rock. Anyone who lends money and then lord's it over you isn't anyone you want to marry... The majority of marriages end because of money issues... Your not even married yet. I don't know you and I don't know her... but when I lend someone money the terms are clearly defined and never spoken of again unless there is a deviation from the original terms. If I give you 4500.00 for a bike and you agree to pay me a certain amount a month or a year or whatever I most certainly would never mention the loan. And if you sold it for more than the value of the money lent the overage is yours... Simple business even amongst friends. Strip off what you have put into that is above stock and dump both of them. It is cheaper to buy a new bike than stay in that relationship... Just my 02.
Good luck... I hope whatever decision you make takes you down a happy road.
E

(justintime2 @ Aug. 26 2007,13:53)
(mike04busa @ Aug. 26 2007,10:21) I tend to have a soft spot for things that look sad, and it looked unloved.
This is probably how you met your wife too, and from your descriptions there was likely a reason she looked that way...

Not trying to be mean but the problem here isn't how much money you owe on the Busa...think about it and bail on both as you'll have to eventually.
sad.gif
The bike looked unloved, she was just too cute and personable,and has a way to be able to do just about everything(jump out of planes,bungee jump,dirt bike,street ride) but i guess that's not everything.

(GMbusa @ Aug. 26 2007,11:57) Or you can buy my 04' Busa with a 1397 in it.
The best part of that bike, I could drive down and pick it up no shipping!!! I'm taking my time on this one.

(jessup @ Aug. 26 2007,17:14) Wow.  I would drop her like a hot rock.  Anyone who lends money and then lord's it over you isn't anyone you want to marry... The majority of marriages end because of money issues... Your not even married yet.    I don't know you and I don't know her... but when I lend someone money the terms are clearly defined and never spoken of again unless there is a deviation from the original terms.  If I give you 4500.00 for a bike and you agree to pay me a certain amount a month or a year or whatever I most certainly would never mention the loan.  And if you sold it for more than the value of the money lent the overage is yours... Simple business even amongst friends.  Strip off what you have put into that is above stock and dump both of them.  It is cheaper to buy a new bike than stay in that relationship... Just my 02.
Good luck... I hope whatever decision you make takes you down a happy road.
E
I can't seem to come to be able to do that. It would seem that I would be using her for what i want and if it don't work i'm leaving.I'm not saying i'm innocent in all of this, everyone knows how to push the other ones buttons.somtimes i'ts hard to walk away from an argument.

I had the same problem with an ex. It was her idea to buy a bike, so I bought one with money borrowed from her, then we broke up, and she wouldn't allow me to buy the bike from her. I guess it was some kind of punishment for breaking up with her!! LOL! Oh well, I lost a great bike and a TERRIBLE girlfriend.
Now I have a nicer bike and a KILLER wife!! We stay broke, but, we are happy!!

(GSXRFANN @ Aug. 26 2007,17:41) I had the same problem with an ex. It was her idea to buy a bike, so I bought one with money borrowed from her, then we broke up, and she wouldn't allow me to buy the bike from her. I guess it was some kind of punishment for breaking up with her!! LOL! Oh well, I lost a great bike and a TERRIBLE girlfriend.
Now I have a nicer bike and a KILLER wife!! We stay broke, but, we are happy!!
If your both happy and being broke is no problem, then there is no problem. nicer bike, good wife = nice job
beerchug.gif

Back