Million rounds a minute

Dang... From the first time I saw that... I wanted one.
super.gif

9 mm, at a minimum of about $5 per 50 or 10 cents each, the cost is $100,000 per minute.

But those are specialized bullet loaded chambers not readily available at your local sporting goods store so, the cost is triple that at the very least.

I can't afford it just now. One of these days, though!
biggrin.gif

Cool gun.

--Wag--

Now, imagine a swarm of remotely/autonomously piloted heavy-lift "arsenal aircraft" releasing the weapons at near supersonic speed over a battlefield.
wink.gif

I saw these on Futur Weapons on tv. They are amazing. If a bullet does not fire, there is no jams, the next round just pushes the first out of the barrel too. I want one too.

well?...the technology behind it is cool...(sort of a repeater based on the old "Gyro-Jet" round...which was a simular..case-less..electronically fired round...however...the gryo-jet was abandoned.) however....i can't see any practical military application other than to miss a whole bunch of times real quick like....i'd prefer a "Sonic Weapon" for the scenarios/missions depicted here....cause sonic weapons?....well...they don't miss...anyone.

and you can play that note for as long as you like...for the price of a battery.

and speaking of batteries?...i thought that maybe this metal storm technology might have a better role in the form of a personal defense arm buuuuut...

1. It would never have steller ballistics as you can not "neck down" the charge...which means that the rounds would not easily (if ever) compare with the "Hi-Power" ballistic performance one on the battlefield typically would expect..such as the "High-Power Ballistics" which a .50BMG, 300 Win Mag or even a necked down NATO 7.62X51 delivers...making me seriously question the range and terminal ballistics of it's single sorce and expensive under-powered fodder?

and?...

2. If you did adapt this tech to a personal defensive arm?...

It sure would suck if your ever-ready bunny died just before you did.

I would not have a warm fuzzy going off into the fields with a weapon that relied on a coppertop duracell...to function...i know that the star trek guys usta hate it when their FAZERS went dead!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back