World Superbike at Miller next year!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
World Superbike will run the perimeter and AMA will run the Full course!!  
muscle.gif

super.gif

super.gif

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/e/n070823a.htm

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/070822mmp.htm

super.gif

AMA will run the full course! HOORAY! Can't wait to see those boys run through the triple apex part of the track at 20 mph faster than Lamb! Why did they change to the full track after not doing it this year?

Lamb...to answer your ? I really don't know. They've been running perimeter ever since 06.

But that's FREAKIN Weird!! I would've thought AMA runs perimeter and WSB run full course. This outta be good

BTW-they'll be repaving MMP right after our trackday. The cars have been tearing up the surface and the track engineer, as well as many drivers/riders, have been complaining that it's getting too bumpy. Especially through T1. So be careful guys. The AMA guys had many highsides through 1 last time out, including Mat Mladin.

Awesome! This is from the first article:

The AMA series will support World Superbike, making the event a four-day happening. The AMA races will be run using the full course as opposed to the 3.08-mile outside course the World Superbike stars will run and the course the two AMA events have utilized to this point.

There are two reasons for the change. The first is commercial. World Superbike, like MotoGP, has signage regulations. The track and AMA advertising will go in the infield section not used for the World SUperbike events.

There's also the matter of comparing lap times with the machines. The World Superbikes, using Pirelli 'control tires', understandably don't want to potentially be outpaced by AMA Superbikes on Dunlops.

The US factory team folks we talked to weren't too thrilled to be racing the full 4.485-mile course, since two years' worth of testing and racing data is down the tubes. But such is life.

Yup, WSB sponsor signs will be on the perimeter and AMA sponsor signs will be in the infield
wink.gif

I don't doubt that the AMA guys could outpace the WSB guys on the perimeter just b/c they've been there for the last 2 years. But, the cool thing to come of it is to finally see a motorcycle race using the full course. AMA doesn't have too many 4 mile courses. I think Road America is the only one other than MMP.

I don't think the AMA guys could match WSBK times simply because those WSBK bikes are pushing 240+hp.  The WSBK fours have more hp than motogp now  
wow.gif

Probably.  

But do you remember a couple of years ago when Mladin tested with the WSBK guys at Phillip Island and was consistently fastest on his AMA Gixxer. He still beat Troy Corser's Alstare Suzuki lap times as well. Mladin also admitted being well down on HP compared to the WSBK machines.

We'll have to wait and see. Ben Spies and Mladin lapped the perimeter course at 1:49:xx
If the WSBK guys match that right out of the gates, I'll be pretty impressed.

(gtrpimp76 @ Aug. 26 2007,20:19) We'll have to wait and see. Ben Spies and Mladin lapped the perimeter course at 1:49:xx
If the WSBK guys match that right out of the gates, I'll be pretty impressed.
That should be the a great indicator.

My guess is WSBK will be faster, mainly because Miller is a fast track where HP is rewarded
beerchug.gif

WSB will school AMA at almost any track...only the tightest most technical type track would give the AMA boys a chance
all_coholic.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 26 2007,20:23) 1:49's on a course that is just over three miles  
super.gif
That's awesome! Lamb is anticipating 1:49's on just the 2.2 mile east course on sun. Man, those guys are fast!

Back